Thread: Sprained my ankle and took a fall

Unhappy Sprained my ankle and took a fall

Hey friends,

I have been worrying about *** or something related for YEARS ( 5 to be exact) maybe more if off and on.
    I was eventually diagnosed with a b12 deficiency after numerous tests ( Emg, NCS, blood test). However, even after treatment for my b12
    deficiency I do still have symptoms ie. tingling , muscle and joint pain, feelings of weakness. However, the reassuring part is that these symptoms truly come and go. I know in *** the symptoms are constant and progressive.

This has been an extremely triggering week for me... 1) Got a blood test done and although my blood creatinine was perfect - my urine creatinine was on the lower side ( still in range though). Stupid me googled this and guess what came up? MND.
    2). Yesterday I was walking down an EXTREMELY steep hill, like it is as if you are walking vertical and not wearing very good shoes. I think I stepped in some crack in the road and twisted my ankle causes me to fall to my knees. I wouldn't consider it a bad fall but still falling is trigger. I have read all of this stickies and this is apparently a red flag.

I am look for reassurance that normal adults sometimes sprain their ankles and even take little falls. I used to sprain my ankles allot as a kid, but now google tells me that this could all be a sign of something awful.

Warmest Wishes,

Lilly

Re: Sprained my ankle and took a fall

I literally tripped running up a flight of stairs trying to catch a train that would take me in to see a neurologist, during my MND fear streak. Noticed after the fact that my shoelace was loose but wasn't sure if it was cause or effect at that time. Answered the neuro's "have you had any recent falls?" question with "yes, 2 hours ago." It STILL wasn't MND; it was my messed up back/butt/leg (blown L5 S1 plus issue with gluteal dysfunction + pressure on nerve in calf.)

Have lost count of how many times I've slipped (and usually luckily only fell right on my bum) on very steep hills. Have sprained my left ankle or foot twice stepping off a mere city curb. Also broke my left leg on an otherwise completely moderate hillwalking descent (silly wet Scottish rocks + overconfidence!)

It's not you. It's the hill fairies. Watch out for the curb goblins, too. Don't sweat the urine creatinine; uranalysis is probably one of the least precise ways to diagnose anything because it's literally just your kidneys taking out the trash a few times a day.

You're fine. Find some nicer hills. <3

I can trip over thin air...... litterally

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by kyllikki View Post

It's not you. It's the hill fairies. <3
    I have a whole army of the little devils here Lost count of the number of times I’ve fell over or had some other mishap. My other half is always slipping off the curb too. It makes me wonder how safe we humans are walking around on two legs. Four is much more stable.

Ghost…Spillways

Thank you so much for your reply

It is truly helpful, omg I would be a mess if I fell on my way to a neurologist. What did they say when you told them?

Thank you for proving that normal adults fall and it doesn't mean anything.
    I am not sure why this stuff keeps happening. I feel I am being tested by the universe in some way..or normal people fall?I always used to tell myself I would start worrying if I start falling, I guess that is where my concern is lying. I put this arbitrary rule on myself in which I am expected to never fall or have a mishap again.

How did you get past your fear and how are you doing now?

Warm wishes,

Lilly

Thank you so much for your reassuring and normalizing reply.

We are not perfect being, but my health anxiety makes me believe I should be.

Hi Lilly, I sent you a note, but I want to reply in public so everyone sees this one thing:

Tripping on something every now and then is extremely normal. If it happens on uneven surfaces, or at night, or in shoes you wear once a year, or after a few drinks, or when you're doing something waaay out of your athletic comfort zone, then the explanation is obvious. In your case, the hill fairies got you. Case closed.

(And suffice to say that even if you didn't have HA, you should never do anything athletically ambitious, after a few drinks, at night, in shoes you wear once a year, even if you think you're on an even surface, like, say, a dance floor )

Thread Information