Thread: Nsvt worry

Nsvt worry

Hello everyone. I'll make this short. Randomly maybe twice a year or so I'll get this feeling where my heart will drop and it will start racing but it feels like it's fluttering irregularly. I'll feel it in my throat and chest and it scares me. Usually it lasts 5 or 6 seconds but one time it lasted like 15 seconds so I'm not sure. I made an appointment with an electrophysiologist but it's not until after the holidays so I have so many months to wait. I'm scared that one day it will happen and it won't go back to normal. I hear sustained ventricular tachycardia can kill you. I'm afraid if it happens and if its sustained I'll die. About two years ago I had an echocardiogram and a holster monitor for 24 hours and they said it was normal besides some PVCs. I have severe anxiety and health anxiety plus ocd. Any reassurance or advice is highly appreciated.

Re: Nsvt worry

I have this quite a lot. I find that if I cough it sort of resets itself. I’ve had it for years and there’s nothing wrong with my heart.

Ghost…Spillways

I'm pretty sure I've had this too on the odd occasion. Kind of like a flurry of beats, a pause of maybe 2 or 3 seconds, then resumes beating.

SVT rarely goes on for more than a few seconds - sometimes just a beat or two. It's usually normal and of no concern. Even if it did persist it can be stopped easily with valsalva usually. Nothing to worry about more annoyance than anything.

Thread Information