Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrified - please help :( buzzing in feet

Terrified - please help :( buzzing in feet

Hello everyone -

im in a really bad place atm and I’m spiralling a lot. It started with an off balance feeling like I’m walking on a trampoline - recently for atleast a week and a half I have had a intermittent buzzing sensation at the bottom of my feet and my feet are really cold - my left arm also feels tingly and almost numb at times but not numb to the point I have no sensation. I can’t even describe the finger sensation it’s cold and almost like mild pins and needles and it’s mainly in my baby and ring fingers in my left hand.

im terrified this is MS - the fact I had the off balance feeling a year ago it stopped and came back I’m now convinced I’m having a ms relapse.

what’s bothering me most is the buzzing feeling at the bottom of my foot - it’s like a very faint mobile phone buzz

please someone offer some advice or reassurance

Re: Terrified - please help :( buzzing in feet

Hi I have the same thing, have had it for about a month or so. For me foot appears to be caused by tight piriformis muscle which is aggravating sciatic nerve. I don’t have any sharp pain like people normally get sciatica, just the buzzing in left foot and calf.

I also have tingling in my fingers, mostly on left but a little on right as well, and I also have some tingling in my face.

I was really panicking so I went for an MRI of my brain last Monday. I’m getting the results tomorrow morning. They said they’d have results back to my GP that day or next day, but as I hadn’t heard by end of week I made a follow up appointment for tomorrow. I’m assuming if there was anything bad they would have already contacted me. So I’ll find out tomorrow, and can advise back what they say!

Thank you so much Aussie! That would be amazing and much appreciated.
    hoping for the best for you and me! Please keep me updated x

I have this now!!!! For three weeks I had an MRI 3 years ago so assuming if it was MS they would have seen something, I doubt it's anything else right??? Do you guys still have it - it's driving me nuts!!

Aussie what did they say about your MRI?

I had these symptoms last year going through serious anxiety and was CONVINCED I had MS. My doctor disagreed strongly, but agreed to send me to MRI for reassurance. Of course it came back clean. These sensations lasted for many months, and slowly my fear for MS faded away - and what do you know - so did the symptoms.... Ufortunatly new symptoms and concerns for other diseases showed up after that, but that´s another story

I ocationally still get the tingling and buzzing today, but it doesn´t bother me, because I now know it´s not caused by a serious illness, and it just fades away again.

I was, and still am, shocked of how strong these symptoms can be. It´s still hard to believe. For me it was pretty much my legs. Numbness, tingling and buzzing. I also in periods had pain in my legs. I just could not believe that this was not caused by any physical disease.

Trust your doctor people, stop googling, and stop reading articles in the newspapers about other people with these diseases. If you can, talk to a therapist. I went a few times, and it helped a lot. Live your lives.

This is helpful for me too - so thank you!

Hi Norseman - wow thank you for this. It is terrifying how real these symptoms can be. I haven’t seen my dr about this yet as I’m worried - I will say it’s not as noticeable as it was last week but it is still there.
    yesterday night though the inner part of my upper arm started to hurt a lot - not the muscle but the actual skin was tender to touch it felt like the skin was sunburnt - so Ofcourse now that’s another worry on my list :(

Tan235 - my MRI came back all ok, big relief! I've had buzzing in foot, head/face for about 5 weeks now. Some numbness in fingers on and off and weird vision. Yet with all that going on, nothing sinister has come up! I'm getting physio treatment for the buzzing foot and this has helped a bit already (it's coming from sciatic nerve), but not sure what's causing the other symptoms unless it's anxiety induced. In the past when I've had a clear scan I stop focusing on the issue and then it goes away, hopefully that happens this time too. I hope it's reassuring for others though that you can have a load of these seemingly neurological type symptoms but not be the terrible things we fear.

Burning skin is also very normal. I my self had that on and off during my worst periods. I had it on my upper back, and I was of course terrified of it because I saw somewhere that that also could be a symptom of MS. I had the same feeling as you - it felt like my skin was sunburnt. It was not imagination. It was real. But again harmless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information