Thread: Stroppy power-mad staff member at my mom's care home

Stroppy power-mad staff member at my mom's care home

Me and my dad went to visit my mom at her care home yesterday afternoon and this one (female) staff member got really arsy with me about sitting next to my mom in the lounge there and says us (me and my dad) and my mom have to go to her room to talk to her, give her attention, etc, but over the past year or so since her admission to said care home no other staff member there have even made such a murmur about us greeting my mom in the lounge, not even the home's manager herself. Plus my mom would have been unwilling to co-operate with the requests herself.

It does seem that the staff member concerned is a typical domineering type as I also recall her giving one of the other residents there a right loud reprimand over their behaviours a few months back. None of the other staff members there have ever seemed fazed by this attitude-ridden barsteward of a staff member.

In fact, that poxy staff member has now even put me off setting foot in that particular care home to visit the very person who gave birth to me. She's a typical person with a different set of rules and agenda to all the other staff members (e.g, 'When I'm on duty everyone does as they're told or else!'), which reminded me of a certain other power-mad staff member at a respite unit I stayed at as a teenager in the early 90s who seemed incapable of being reasoned with.

It still astounds me how these 'bad apples' manage to work in such places for so long with everyone else simply tolerating them, turning a blind eye to their foibles and even pandering to them.

ETA; Even my dad now feels disapproval towards that particular staff member, though previously he was more blase about her foibles and thought I was overreacting a little and being a bit judgemental when I voiced my concerns to him about her following her mouthing off at that one resident earlier this year. Mind you, my dad can sometimes be a bit fickle with certain views and opinions; obviously whatever suits his mood and general state of mind at any given moment.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 31-07-23 at 22:56.

Thread Information