Thread: Urgent colonoscopy

Urgent colonoscopy

Hi all,
    I'm looking for some advice as I'm severely spiralling. My mum has been referred for a fast track colonoscopy due to anaemia and diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is pretty normal for her. She did a fit test in November which was normal and had a colonoscopy about 6/7 years ago which was also normal and no polyps were found.
    Has anyone else been through something similar? She is awaiting the results from the recent fit test.

Thank you for ready my post

Re: Urgent colonoscopy

Hello, I work at a medical center so I’m pretty familiar with these procedures. I know it could be really worrying that many things can cause blood such as hemorrhoids and if she’s been having diarrhea for a really long time it could just be that her rectum is irritated. Her having a clear colonoscopy 6-7years ago is great news. They’re usually good for 10 years . They always just want to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. I thought colonoscopies were good for 10 years too so that's good. I know GP's do alot of these things to be safe but they put the fear of God in you at the same time 😖

Urgent colonoscopy

Hi all,
    I'm looking for some advice as I'm severely spiralling. My mum has been referred for a fast track colonoscopy due to anaemia and diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is pretty normal for her. She did a fit test in November which was normal and had a colonoscopy about 6/7 years ago which was also normal and no polyps were found.
    Has anyone else been through something similar? She is awaiting the results from the recent fit test.

Thank you for ready my post

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information