Thread: Diarrhoea and weight loss

Diarrhoea and weight loss

Hi all,

Freaking out a fair bit. For the last month or so, I've been having bouts of diarrhoea but in the last week it's now a couple of times every day which is very unusual for me. I always suffer a bit more once the warm weather kicks in but not this badly.

I started taking sertraline/zoloft nearly 2 months ago and wondered if that might be causing it bit my doctor is unconvinced. He suggested stool samples which I'm awaiting the results of now and I'm so stressed about what might turn up on it (which I know is only exacerbating things). Just now, I decided to weigh myself for the first time in several months and it's nearly 10 pounds less than the last time I checked which I wasn't expecting. I haven't been eating much the last few days though because of anxiety and the fear of it just going straight through me.

I'm so worried that it's going to be colon or pancreatic cancer and that I'm going to have to have some kind of invasive procedure for more tests. I don't know what I'm looking for with posting here tbh, I know it's just a waiting game but I just wanted to vent I guess. I will take any soothing words on offer though.

Re: Diarrhoea and weight loss

One of the side effects of Zoloft is dodgy bowels. I was on Zoloft for depression for around 6 months after my 1st heart attack and that was the only symptom I had. It got a little better after a couple of months but I still had some issues. It resolved a few weeks after weaning off the meds. Its wise that your doctor is checking but I have a feeling you'll be all clear.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information