Thread: Random sharp pain in throat

Random sharp pain in throat

I just come down from a pretty high season of being extra anxious. I actually took a moment to reflect on this yesterday during the day. I was feeling really appreciative and grateful for feeling more relaxed and less anxious.

HA...Well that was short lived...

Last night in bed I was scrolling on my phone when I randomly got a sharp pain in my throat. It honestly felt like swallowed something sharp and it got stuck. I had eaten about an hour and a half prior to this happening. I got up and went to the bathroom to gargle some warm water. The sharp sensation dissipated but I will feel it from time to time today. And all day today there seems to be a general soreness in the area.

Normally I would be afraid that I swallowed a bone or a piece of metal when eating. But I wasn't eating. This was completely out of the blue And I literally have no idea what it can be. Hoping somebody can talk me down or let me know they've experienced something similar?

Re: Random sharp pain in throat

I should add that I'm a nail biter and maybe I unknowingly bit my nail and swallowed it. I don't remember doing that but who knows. I worry something is stuck. Been a few days and I get a random sharp prick from time to time and still have general aches in the spot. ENT cant get me in until September 12th. :(

I totally understand as I get this sort of pain in a spot in my neck/throat and it appears after I’ve been particularly anxious, so I reckon it’s related. Been to the doctor twice and they seem to think all ok.

When you went to the ENT did they scope your throat to look down it?

When I was 17 I got the tiniest of chicken bones in my throat and had to have endoscopy to have it removed. Ive had this fear on and off since. I'm 35 now. This time just seems so different. Le sigh.

Anyone else experience sharp sensations in their throat?

Thread Information