Thread: Brown/pink discharge for 3 months

Brown/pink discharge for 3 months

For the past 2 days I've had quite a bit of brown discharge. My period ended almost a week ago. This is the 3rd month that this is happening - a brown or pink discharge in between my periods, lasting for days or even a week or two. I was hoping it might sort itself out after a month or two but now I'm starting to get worried about it. I'm 46 so I know it's possible I could be in peri.
    I'm trying not to go running to the doctor too quickly, as I have done this so many times in the past, but is it time to pay them a visit about this?

Re: Brown/pink discharge for 3 months

Do you have the option to email them? Say what's been happening and let them make the decision?

If it's not doing it a total of three months straight, but just after your periods for a week or so, yeah that is normal and welcome to peri, mine does this, I also won't have a period sometimes for six months, then bam, or it will come on and then stop for a day or two then start back up for another day followed by what you have going on for a week. Now if it's doing it for the full three months like everyday for three months, so 90 days I would go get checked.

This was actually a really reassuring response for me - thank you.

Thank you for your replies. I decided to go to the doctor last week and she booked me in for a pelvic ultrasound. I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting for it but hoping it won't be too long.
    The brown discharge continued until about last Thursday and then it stopped for a couple of days. I was happy with that cause that was about a week after my last period ended. But then yesterday it started again and I had more this morning.
    I'm trying not to freak out but it's so hard. It's been going on for 3 months but it's getting a little bit worse every month.
    I said it to the doctor could it be perimenopause and she said probably not. She said peri is more irregular periods rather than spotting. So of course that drove my anxiety even higher.
    And today I'm going back to her for a breast check. I have an awful fear of checking my breasts, I always find something. I haven't done it in months and that's worrying me. She said to call back this week and she'll show me how to check them properly. I'm going in the afternoon and absolutely dreading it. I'm really not in a good place at the moment with all of this and other stuff going on in my life.

Just checking in to see how your appt went?

Peri can wreak havoc on everything and really mess with your cycle!

Good for you for keeping up with your breast checks even though they make you worried!

Up until a few years ago doctors didn't even believe in peri and they can't tell you until they check your hormone levels, look up mysecondspring.ie they talk a lot about spotting.

Thread Information