Thread: Heart rate app - heart rate changed rhythm in the night

Heart rate app - heart rate changed rhythm in the night

I woke up tonight and felt weirdly awake, the anxious thoughts started and I stupidly opened my heart rate app to check if it was fast, it wasn’t really fast but I noticed it look like the pattern changed, instead of kind of going up like a mountain with little two hills and a peak it is beating up to a peakthen down with two little hills. I’m terrified the change in the rhythm is something awful (of course I am because hello heath anxiety)

I then had a huge panic attack, sweating, shaking legs.

I am working on deleting the app with my anxiety support group. I deleted it for a month and downloaded it again when I was panicking one day. I’m really struggling with anxiety at the moment. Really need some support please. I don’t want to ring 111 or go to A and E but my brain is feeling like it needs reassurance which I know isn’t helpful in the long run.

Just need some support right now

Re: Heart rate app - heart rate changed rhythm in the night

Ditch it. I've been there and done that. I've had a few of them, and it always ends up the same way, in the same type of hole you are/were in.

It sounds like you had a nocturnal panic attack. I have them. Awful things. Don't be checking your pulse or heart beat during those minutes when your anxiety is high. I go straight to Youtube and watch a video when that happens.

Fitbits and such like are great, I wish I could use one because tracking my steps is important. But that heartbeat monitor throws my anxiety wonky.

The only tests that can accurately monitor your heartbeat is an ECG. That's why they stick the sticky pads on you. Loads of them, all over. That's what is required to get an accurate reading of your heart. An app can't do that. So I would not trust its results.

You know what you need to do Izzy

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I’ve ditched the app! Best thing I’ve done.

Thanks for the reminder of how unhelpful they are. I’m still struggling with random adrenaline rushes, feels like hunger and a hollow feeling then I start feeling like I’m excited for no reason but I’m doing my best just to sit through them, I’ve noticed if I get busy or distracted they go away, it’s crazy how easily we can slip back into a relapse if we allow ourselves to do our old behaviours.

Thanks again :-)

I have the adrenaline rushes from nowhere sometimes.
    If I check my heart it sometimes skips a beat and causes a slight rush. If I don't check it doesn't happen.
    If I look at my watch I can sometimes see a spike and a high heart rate.
    Best thing is just leave it be and don't check 😀
    I do have axiety issues daily and they're worse in the evening but I just don't check my heart rate at all now

Thread Information