Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Covid variant

Re: Latest Covid variant

I came here because I've found out that covid is back again. I don't read news so I didn't know.
    PM, I am glad it was a mild case of covid. How many jabs did you take?

I am wondering if I should get a fifth dose because forth was a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I came here because I've found out that covid is back again. I don't read news so I didn't know.

I reckon that will be the wisest thing Darlene, even if the current BA.2.86 doesn't end up amounting to too much.

While the brief media coverage of it here in the UK on Monday (due to the latest round of jabs officially being unveiled) now seems to faded back to relative obscurity once again, and the staff at my day centre being relatively unconcerned about it so far, I'm still umming and arring over as to whether I should be taking BA.2.86 more seriously (at least until further notice), or instead continuing to be more relaxed about it.

I kind of feel damned if I do and damned if I don't right now, and inadvertently a sense of guilt either way.

Hi,

I've had all the jabs I'd expect to have (four) and I'll have the booster this year even though it could be argued that I don't need it now. I'm still testing positive five days in but I really have had worse colds than this. One of my colleagues is having a bit worse time than me with it and it seems it's not stopping people coming into work once they feel okay but as we've seen in my case, remaining infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Hi,

I've had all the jabs I'd expect to have (four) and I'll have the booster this year even though it could be argued that I don't need it now. I'm still testing positive five days in but I really have had worse colds than this. One of my colleagues is having a bit worse time than me with it and it seems it's not stopping people coming into work once they feel okay but as we've seen in my case, remaining infectious.
    That's reassuring to know PM.

Still no deaths specific to BA.2.86 (aka Pirola) have yet been reported anywhere in the world, let alone the UK, which I'm sure after over a month of this particular subvariant knowingly being in more widespread circulation would have no doubt been showing up by now, of which, so far so good (touch wood).

But for all we know so far BA.2.86/Pirola could still be even less problematic than Swine Flu in 2009, but unfortunately still ATM, nobody seems to know for certain just yet.

I think it's too late for the fifth dose because I think I am sick. A strange feeling whole day, diarrhea and now I think I have a slight fever. I am really scared. I caught it on Monday because on Sunday I was at home. On Monday I went to take an eye exam, probably caught it there or in the taxi.

aand I have a panic attack now, my right ear is red and burning like always when I am panicking.
    I really think I am gonna die.

aand I have a panic attack now, my right ear is red and burning like always when I am panicking.
    I really think I am gonna die.
    No, you're having a panic attack and that is all. You aren't going to die

I spent over two years absolutely convinced that if I caught Covid, it would be the end for me (to reiterate: unfit, T2 diabetic, 120kg, mental health issues) and yet, here I am, lucky enough to be thinking "is that it?"

What you do need to do is take a test (if you have any to hand) and take it from there.

Just a reminder of what happened to me: a cough for 36 hours or so, a mildly-elevated temperature (37.5 C) and that was it. If you can tolerate it, take paracetamol for the temperature.

I don't have a test at home. If it will be worse I guess I can go to the nearest clinic. My doctor is not in this city and he has covid at the moment too.
    I took paracetamol and feel better for now.

Good to hear the paracetamol is helping.

Can you buy lateral flow tests locally? Mine cost GBP8.95 for five and they're the nostrils-only version.

Hope you're feeling better and the panic is passing

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    No, you're having a panic attack and that is all. You aren't going to die

I spent over two years absolutely convinced that if I caught Covid, it would be the end for me (to reiterate: unfit, T2 diabetic, 120kg, mental health issues) and yet, here I am, lucky enough to be thinking "is that it?"

What you do need to do is take a test (if you have any to hand) and take it from there.

Just a reminder of what happened to me: a cough for 36 hours or so, a mildly-elevated temperature (37.5 C) and that was it. If you can tolerate it, take paracetamol for the temperature.
    I do remember you admitting to being dead apprehensive over it all 2-3 years ago, but now it seems like it's more the thought of it that's worse than the reality for both yourself the vast majority of the population. Either at worst, it's a case of pot luck for you personally ATM, or at best (and ultimately), it's truly less harmful for most of us.

A friend of my dad's who tested positive on Sunday texted him (my dad) this evening and reassuringly said that he's feeling stacks better now already. Furthermore, the staff at the care home told my dad on the phone again today that my mom is still far removed from being in a critical state and might already be on the mend which is doubly reassuring, albeit still not quite out of the woods as yet.

While I could be completely wrong about this, I'm now surmising that one of the main reasons that the authorities are still yet to tell us the full story about whether or not Pirola (BA.2.86) is officially any more harmful than previous Covids might be some kind of agenda/ploy to encourage as many to get jabbed as possible over the coming weeks, otherwise complacency might kick in which could end up being more detrimental to us all further into the future.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information