Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest Covid variant

Re: Latest Covid variant

I have a blurry vision in my left eye, I am worried. And feel a little bit dizzy. Scared to go to sleep because who knows what will be tomorrow.

I've had a horrible panic attack now, it lasted for half and hour and I am still not fine. I was seriously contemplating to call 911 because I wasn't sure that it's panic. I was feeling lightheaded. I am scared that I will have neurological symptoms. I started a new job and I can't believe that I am sick now. I will lose everything. It's a job from home and I can't lose it because I can't go anywhere, I have agoraphobia.

I am reading now that a blurred vision is a symptom of covid. I really hope it won't affect me long term.
    Last edited by darlene85; 13-09-23 at 22:35.

Don't Google - it's obvious these are driving your panic attacks.

Get some sleep instead, you'll probably feel better in the morning.

Yes, I was reading covid stories and I guess it fueled my fear.
    I would like that covid disappears but it won't happen in our lifetime I guess. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Don't Google - it's obvious these are driving your panic attacks.

Get some sleep instead, you'll probably feel better in the morning.
    Agreed PM, especially with a lot of the misinformation out there period that is often spewed out by know-it-alls and 'wannabe' experts.

I tend to stick with trusted 'official' sources as much as possible and this current Covid strain is still being kept fairly low-key in the UK media for the most part compared to what would have previously been the case.

Having said that, Covid in general never actually went away this year despite the media also keeping previous predominant strains lower-key over the past 12 months or so, but of course we're now approaching the autumn-winter period which is usually believed to be the most prolific time for respiratory viruses in general, despite Covid as a whole actually being non-season-specific.

As for Darlene's current concerns, I reckon that it's less likely that (s)he has picked up current Covid outside of the home as (s)he admits to being agorophobic, which means that (s)he is unlikely to have strayed from home for any lengthy period, especially to busy areas. Also sounds like there may be psychosomatic symptoms, dare I say it.

I probably catched something on Monday, in a taxi or at the doctor. Two days incubation, everything matches. But I am not sure what is this. It's not totally psychosomatic because I've had a mild throat ache last night and I feel somewhat sick but panic makes it worse, that's for sure. We will see. I've read some stories (before, a long time ago) that covid can have mild symptoms for a few days and then become worse. I hope it won't be like that. If that's covid at all.

I am calling GP and the nurse is not answering on the phone. I wanted to ask for an antibiotic, I am scared that I will get a pneumonia otherwise. I don't know. I know they were prescribing antibiotics and antivirals for people who have higher risk of complications (and I have).

But have you taken a test and has it come back positive?

No, I don't have a lot of money at the moment. I know it's cheap but still... I can't give 10 bucks now for that. If I go to some doctor here who is not my doctor, they will yell at me, like before. So, I don't know..

I see that they are some for 3 euros but I am scared. If I confirm that's covid, I will be even more in panic. I don't know what to do.

My GP is still sick from covid and nurse who is usually there is not there. New nurse told me to stay at home and that I don't need antibiotic except if I get pneumonia.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information