Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Latest Covid variant

Re: Latest Covid variant

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Okay - not ill at all. Just sad.
    Sounds like your brief relapse was just a blip then, despite you still being positive.

Hasn't this been the first time you've tested positive PM? If so, that might be one of the main factors behind your being positive for 8 days.

BTW, my dad was double-jabbed today; Covid and flu jabs at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sounds like your brief relapse was just a blip then, despite you still being positive.

Hasn't this been the first time you've tested positive PM? If so, that might be one of the main factors behind your being positive for 8 days.

BTW, my dad was double-jabbed today; Covid and flu jabs at the same time.
    It is: I've managed to escape it for over three years but I do remember recent variants hang around a long time.

Not sure about being vaccinated for flu and Covid at the same time - I know it made two relatives of mine quite poorly when they did that but anecdote does not equal data. It's academic in my case anyway; I'll have to wait now for both vaccines until the Covid has fully cleared. Pity, there's a small monthly social event I would like to visit on Tuesday and I'd even worked out the bus routes to get there, but as the age profile of the members there is 60 to 90 I'll not go.

It is: I've managed to escape it for over three years but I do remember recent variants hang around a long time.

Not sure about being vaccinated for flu and Covid at the same time - I know it made two relatives of mine quite poorly when they did that but anecdote does not equal data. It's academic in my case anyway; I'll have to wait now for both vaccines until the Covid has fully cleared. Pity, there's a small monthly social event I would like to visit on Tuesday and I'd even worked out the bus routes to get there, but as the age profile of the members there is 60 to 90 I'll not go.
    Perhaps more specifically in your case of your lengthier infection it could also be due to this being your debut infection.

You managing to avoid catching Covid yourself for over 3 years up until now seemed like some major feat.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 17-09-23 at 09:10.

I think I am fine today. Day 5. I am not sure if this was/is covid. The doctor said it probably is. Sore throat (but just a little), headache one day, feeling sick and like having a mild temperature first two days, very very tired yesterday especially, diarrhea but not like when I have a stomach bug, much milder but persistent until today. I think it could be covid. If it was, it was very mild but I was very scared. I hope it won't return because I am afraid of days 6 and 7, they are crucial.

My only symptom right now is weak legs. It's so strange because I've never had that, I've always had at least one more symptom when I was sick. It's so frustrating.

Finally tested clear on Thursday.

Finally tested clear on Thursday.
    That's good news PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information