Thread: Something got into my nose after seeing a brown flying thing resembling a bat.

Something got into my nose after seeing a brown flying thing resembling a bat.

Something got into my nose after seeing a thing that resembled a bat. Possible rabies saliva.

Hi guys, I am new at this and i just wanted to ask a question and see if i have to worry about anything.

I live in USA, in western coast and the most common species of bats in my county are Mexican free tailed bat and little brown bat. At 10 A.M. today in the morning i was at work outside where we put a table and sit on lunch time. When we ended our lunch time, I had to unbox some stuff from the boxes and i saw a bird looking thing flying off from near the boxes. At that time i was standing far from the boxes so i could not see what that flying thing was exactly. It was light to dark brown and it was flying very low and you can say erratically?? it got out of my sight and i looked where it went but could not find it. I took one of the boxes and I felt something get in my nose, and i also found a long brown hair on the box that looked like humans hair but cant say for sure.

After 5 hours or so, my car was parked 1 block away from my workplace and when i got to my car i saw that thing again flying low and it got to the ground and a gate was obstructing my view so i lost sight of it again and i just went home worried.

Now i wonder if that thing was a bat and it salivated on the box and took off and when i got to the box and picked it up, the saliva splashed into my nose and it got in my nose because my nose felt wet like something liquid got in but i cannot say for sure, nothing splashed to my face in general, if it did i would have freaked out on the spot, but something got in my nose.

Is this a cause for concern or it just does not happen this way and I am overreacting and this is just messing with my head??? Thank you
    And please answer if you can, i am really worried

Re: Something got into my nose after seeing a brown flying thing resembling a bat.

You're overreaching so far you're in danger of pulling a muscle.

Re: Something got into my nose after seeing a brown flying thing resembling a bat.

Hello to overthinking, one of the worst enemy to us. But in all seriousness, this is really nothing to worry about right, like i said I can’t say for sure what that was flying thing was, we have a lot of birds around our workplace and when they fly they all look like bats.

Anyway, is this something to worry about for another month or just let it go because this is really worrying me, seeing that flying thing near the boxes then 15 sec later pickin up the box and this scenario happening. Thank you and please answer if you can.

Seriously, let this one go.

Thread Information