Thread: ibs, anxiety or more (long post)

ibs, anxiety or more (long post)

I haven't posted on here for quite a while as my life has been extremely busy, losing my husband to alzheimers being one of them 6 months ago. I have had ibs most of my life, I'm 59 now, the worst being in my late 20's but its been onand off since having my daughter 30 years ago. Beginning of last year I had routine blood tests done and a calprotectin test due to my age. Blood tests all came back fine, cal. slightly raised. Did FIIT test and again came back positive but only just. I never apart from in my 20's have blood thatis noticeable.i had had severe food poisoning 4 months previous so thought the inflammation could of been from that. So doc said just as a precaution would send me for colonoscopy. I chickened out, because I wasn't having symptoms. But since then it's been on my mind an awful lot ,I have health anxiety and GAD and of course my ibs has started again. Mine is pain and soft stools, first thing on a morning ,once or twice then nothing rest of day. I've been doing a food diary and there could ld be a link with dairy. These soft stools are not every day, that's why I think it's my diet. But I'm scared,. Doesn't keep me awake on a night, I don't need to get up, but I'm back to the CC thinking as soon as I wakeup. I'm anxiety for this and also daughter due her baby any day now and I'm nervous to be in the labour room with her as I don't want to see her in pain. She also has epilepsy although controlled. Also having MRI scan tonight for eye twitching, again doc said as a precaution. I have a lot going on,so would normally head down the ibs route. But because of the above tests coming back positive, I'm not sure if I'm making it worse or its a whole lot of anxiety/ibs.

Please could you give me your thoughts about my situation my husband was great at listening and reassurance and giving me courage to check things out,but since losing him, I'm at a loss as to what to do, or in fact what would you do in this situation.

I'm so sorry for long post. Thank you inadvance

Re: ibs, anxiety or more (long post)

It does sound like it's an IBS flare up probably due to everything that has happened.

Re: ibs, anxiety or more (long post)

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    It does sound like it's an IBS flare up probably due to everything that has happened.
    Thank you catkins for replying. That's what I'm hoping. Diet does seem to be playing a part. Trying slippery elm now to see if that calms my colon.

Does anyone else have any advice?

Thread Information