Thread: HRT

HRT

Hi. Just reached 48 and definitely perimenapausal. My symptoms are morning anxiety, skin itching like crawling bugs all over, headaches (never was a headache sufferer), only manage 2 hours at a time sleep and sometimes I’m boiling hot in bed, my skin is so dry it’s untrue especially my ears which are abit of a mess Tbh and lastly, not sure of it’s related but some of my moles have flared up and then disappeared. When they flared up they became dry and scabby which sent me into a panic. Then they vanished!

I’m considering HRT gel. I feel I’ve been considering it for 6 months but talk myself out of it. Please can you ladies share your experiences of the gel and anyone have similar symptoms as me?

Re: HRT

I haven't tried the gel, I use the patches, have the Mirena coil and pessaries. I coped without it until I was 52 then started the HRT, it has really helped me.

THanks for replying Catkins.
    did you notice any improvements in your sleep or morning anxiety if you had it?

My sleep definitely did improve, it's a gradual build up so the longer I was on it the better it was. I wasn't having morning anxiety at that time though so can't really comment on that.

The nurse at my GP practice was really good, you could try having a chat with whichever nurse deals with it at yours?

Thread Information