Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell

Russell

I'm sure everyone has seen the news and knows about this. I just wanted to start a discussion on this, because some things are not making much sense to me.

I've never disliked Russell. I venture down the rabbit holes as a source of entertainment sometimes. I was subscribed to him. I thought he did very well to beat a drug addiction and turn his life around.

These recent allegations against him though are causing some questions for me.

Firstly, I've never seen the media out somebody and they were wrong. Even in Philips case they were correct, and while Philip technically didn't break the law, his actions are still questionable for a person in a position of influence. If the media didn't report it, people would be angry that the media tried to cover it up and hide it.

The problem for me with Russell, among other things, is he was in a relationship with a girl who was still in year 11 at school. Why? Unless you're attracted to younger people why would want to romance with somebody barely even legal?

When a person can think and act like this, my hairs stand up.

He got wind of the exposure when they asked him to comment. He quickly did a video and claimed "They are out to get me".

Who are they? The establishment? They're not even remotely interested in him. Russell doesn't expose nothing and never has. He just rehashes existing content. Like currently he's leeching content from Dr. Campbell. He's a Hollywood actor, that was involved in Minions. He has all of his platforms, and is able to monetize them. David Icke can't do that, neither can Alex Jones. Both of those ARE deplatformed. Russell isn't even remotely in their league, but he will the paint the picture that he is.

Nobody is targeting him, which means he's painted that narrative himself. His followers are the kind of people to believe that nonsense.

All this smells a bit too fishy for me.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Russell

Honestly, even if I liked him (I don't, I thought he was creepy even before this blew up) the fact that Musk and Tate are defending him is all I need to know.

Watching Dispatches on Saturday was a bit triggerish for me.

I didn't watch 'Dispatches' for many reasons.

As far as Russell Brand....
    There was a time he was all over TV one way or another.
    Bosses were aware of his behaviour and vices.
    There was that awful incident with Andrew Sacks with the support of Jonathan Ross. Even that did not damage his career.
    It's all since he's been very outspoken on particular subjects. So there's the reference to the "they're out to get me".
    He's all over media at the moment, TV, newspapers, Internet, and for the wrong reasons.
    Why was this not exposed before?
    Is it a coincidence that it's now when he's become a sort of vigilante on wanting to expose certain figures in the world?
    That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Honestly, even if I liked him (I don't, I thought he was creepy even before this blew up) the fact that Musk and Tate are defending him is all I need to know.

Watching Dispatches on Saturday was a bit triggerish for me.
    Yes exactly this. He’s using the well worn lines of “they’re out to get me”. Who & why?

It’s tragic and awful. Those poor women, and no doubt many more. I completely believe them too. The media who reported this had to get everything double & triple checked to make sure there were no legal consequences to telling the story.

It's rather clever, isn't it. Groom an audience inclined to disbelieve everything in the face of strong evidence and lo! when your sins find you out they all cry "we don't believe it."

I always found Brand an arrogant, attention-seeking, verbose narcissist, nowhere near as clever as people liked to paint him. And now it seems we can add abusive to the list. Look at the people defending him.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 20-09-23 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Yes exactly this. He’s using the well worn lines of “they’re out to get me”. Who & why?
    If there really was a "they" out there to get a gobby little irrelevance, he'd never know about it.

I used to really dislike him when he was at his most popular. But, over the past few years I've watched his podcasts and even seen him live. In my eyes he has matured from the outrageous arrogant **** to a more spiritual man who has admitted he made a lot of mistakes when he was younger and held his hands up to them. Over recent years he has challenged the establishment/political leaders on both sides of the Atlantic/the pharmaceutical industry, in fact, most things. He is very reasoned in his arguments and has a research team working with him.

Did he do everything they said he did? I don't know. But, as in the case of Johnny Depp, perhaps things aren't quite what they seem. I'm going to hang fire on making a judgement for the moment.

Incidentally one of my closest friends met her husband (who was in his early 30's at the time) when she was 14. He sent her packing and said, come back and see me when you're 16 and you're legally of age. She did and they're still together. 40 years later.

It truly is interesting how the media influences our lives and thoughts. There have been stories about entertainment figures and obviously politics plays a major part of our current opinions and thoughts. Stories concerning celebrities (and politicians) have been part of the headlines forever and now, in the world we currently live in, they draw the clicks and make the news agencies $$$. Just like religion, it's big business.

I can see how this is in the news in the UK and elsewhere but in reality, it pales in comparison to what is taking place in the US on all fronts. It truly feels like I'm living in a 24/7 reality TV show!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

From what I've seen and heard, he seems a very different guy from the person of 15+ years ago. I've watched some of his YouTube broadcasts, and he comes across as a better person in those. And no I'm not defending him, just an observation.

I found this video very informative. It's rare to find journalism today, but this guy did it well. He's neither for nor against. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBZqhzh-U2c

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information