Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russell

Re: Russell

I've watched about half of that Wired. It is really good and I'll watch the rest after work. As he says, it needs investigating by the police and if necessary criminal charges should be brought.

Personally I hope the allegations aren't true as I like what I have seen of him over the last few years, but if they are he needs to be accountable. It's all just watch and wait.

Hydrant Programme is involved now, which was the team that investigated Saville. They're supporting the MET. There must be some substantial evidence for an investigation to be going on. I know from my recent experience that police will not entertain an investigation unless there is sufficient evidence for the CPS to charge. Which is also the reason why sex offence cases rarely go to court, because the CPS can't charge due to lack of evidence.

This suggests it's a lot more serious and more than just a smear campaign imo.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Though having just watched the Dispatches documentary, if those allegations are true then he deserves everything he gets.

I’ve not watched Dispatches but I’ve never liked him. He has always given me the creeps. His attitude, his demeanour, everything about him gives me the ick. Always has done.

The thing that shocked me to the core about him, was when someone said he was a comedian.

Ghost…Spillways

I'm with you Darksky.
    Not a fan at all.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I’ve not watched Dispatches but I’ve never liked him. He has always given me the creeps. His attitude, his demeanour, everything about him gives me the ick. Always has done.

The thing that shocked me to the core about him, was when someone said he was a comedian.
    Same, I could never put my finger on it but there was always something about him that made me nervous.

I'm still trying to keep an open mind, although it isn't looking good. I still hope it's wrong. I remember when it was announced about Rolf Harris, I was so shocked, it felt like part of my childhood was taken away.

Same, Catkins, I can often see these things coming but not Rolf Harris.

I'm on the same lines as you catkins.
    I differ when it came to Rolf Harris. I always felt he was creepy along with Jimmy Saville.

Saville always scared the daylights out of me as a kid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information