Thread: any ideas on how to 'get out' of depersonalisation?

any ideas on how to 'get out' of depersonalisation?

hi guys,
    iv been having many of these phases whereby i'm 'dettached', 'depersonalised', 'disorientated', 'disconnected' to people and things around me. i'm just wondering if anyone has found or knows a way to tackle this.
    thanks sam x

Re: any ideas on how to 'get out' of depersonalisation?

hi hun ive sufferd with this for sooo many years that im getting use to it i no its very scairy and you carnt really explaine wots happining to you without people think your loosing the plot.wot i do is try and keep your self buzy around the house you will find it will pass just as quickly as it came x

iv bin trying to keep 'focused' on things- it just dont seem to work as well i hoped. tell ya wat iv not bin 'myslef' since, but having sed that im now more like a happier ghost instead of a miserable one! im also trying to except it, i just dont want it to take away my life. so any advice?
    sam x

I get this symptom as well. I have gotten used to it and still find it horrible. I distract myself as much as possible. Try to do something physical. It sounds funny, but colouring helps me a lot. Hope this helps.
    Michelle

Thread Information