Thread: Should it be a moral requirement to sit down to pee on other peoples toilets?

Should it be a moral requirement to sit down to pee on other peoples toilets?

As a male, I know how messy things can get. I've been sitting down to pee since I was a late teen. It's more comfortable, but more importantly it's cleaner.

Men splash. They get pee on the sides of the toilet bowl. It gets under the toilet seat joints. It gets on the floor and walls, even if you can't see it.

My son has sat down to pee his whole life and he prefers it that way, and our toilet has always been clean and smelling fresh. But when we have nephews over, or my male family members, it's disgusting to have to clean, and you can see the mess males cause after a day of them using the toilet.

Thus, I propose it should be a moral requirement to sit down when you use other peoples toilets (except public toilets, use a urinal as a male because the male toilets are disgusting).

Agree, disagree?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Should it be a moral requirement to sit down to pee on other peoples toilets?

Agree agree agree. As a toilet cleaner to 3 men I could not agree more

It should be a requirement for men to sit down full stop. Inside their own bathrooms and at other peoples. I hate it.
    Thumbs up to you James…

Ghost…Spillways

Re: Should it be a moral requirement to sit down to pee on other peoples toilets?

That's why there's long and wide urinals in public toilets.

And how do you know Mrs.C

Ghost…Spillways

While I understand the argument for us men sitting down to urinate as it's the least likely method to result in mess everywhere, there's also those who don't feel comfortable at the thought of placing their bums down on the seats of toilets other than their own. More recently, especially since the start of the pandemic, I've become more fastidious myself about not sitting on toilets other than my own unless I'm really desperate for a #2, and only 'trusted' toilets like those at my day centre, my brother's house, etc.

But then again, I always try to be as careful as possible when urinating into toilets from 'standing' and can't bear the thought of leaving a mess, whether at home or elsewhere.

I'm not too keen on using urinals either as I sometimes get stagefright when using public toilets, plus I don't like (male) strangers starting random conversations with me whilst doing our business, even if it's about seemingly innocuous subjects. I also hate it when other men start up loud conversations with each other in public toilets, especially in pub and club toilets.

I reckon some blokes get some kind of thrill from the sound of their own foghorn voices echoing and reverberating around toilet rooms, similar to loud souped-up vehicles. Just keep the noise down for Pete's sake, we're not all deaf!

Sorry for straying off in a bit of a tangent.

Because we used to have a pub and I had to clean those messed up urinals darksky.

Well at home I'm the only one who cleans the bathroom, so any splashing is down to me anyway. But speaking generally yes its a good idea all of us sit down. Either that or wee clean up after ourselves.

That's a very valid point Lenco. I always keep a bottle of disinfectant spray, and disinfectant wipes, next to the toilet. Not everyone would do that. And it shouldn't be expected for the user to have to wipe before they use, the last user should do that. It shouldn't be expected for the user to have to provide their own cleaning materials either.

To the males reading. If you seen a sign in a friends toilet that requested to sit down (or friend asked you), and there were wipes provided, would you respect it and sit down to pee? Or just pretend you sat down? I want to know what percentage of my guests would ignore it

On the flip side Lenco, you have to sit down to do a number 2. I understand most people don't do a number 2 in other peoples homes though lol.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information