Thread: I知 worrying today, friend has covid and I was with her on Saturday

I知 worrying today, friend has covid and I was with her on Saturday

Hi everyone,

I知 in a covid scare right now so worried that I might get sick because of my friend. Her sister was sick Friday but my friend and I met up Saturday to this outdoor art festival.

Whenever we had to go inside we both wore masks. But we were outside side by side without masks for a while, and indoor with masks on for a while as well.

That night I drove her home but she sat in the back of my car and we both had masks on and windows open.

She first had symptoms yesterday and her whole household tested positive today. It痴 been 3 days since I saw her and I don稚 have symptoms and I tested negative.

Do you think the possibilities are low?
    My health anxiety is so bad right now. I知 really trying to not spiral. :(

Re: I知 worrying today, friend has covid and I was with her on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Hi everyone,

I’m in a covid scare right now so worried that I might get sick because of my friend. Her sister was sick Friday but my friend and I met up Saturday to this outdoor art festival.

Whenever we had to go inside we both wore masks. But we were outside side by side without masks for a while, and indoor with masks on for a while as well.

That night I drove her home but she sat in the back of my car and we both had masks on and windows open.

She first had symptoms yesterday and her whole household tested positive today. It’s been 3 days since I saw her and I don’t have symptoms and I tested negative.

Do you think the possibilities are low?
    My health anxiety is so bad right now. I’m really trying to not spiral. :(
    I think if you were mostly outdoors you shouldn't really be affected that much. Plus if you and your friend wore masks whilst indoors and in the car that would have lessened the chances of you catching Covid, more so if your friend was masked whilst with you indoors/in the car, as the general consensus seems to be that masks help reduce the spread of Covid more from those actually infected by it wearing them rather than other people wearing masks to protect oneself from Covid (and other 'airborne' viruses/bugs).

And the onset of pretty much all Covids post-Delta seems to be about 2 days on average, including the current BA.2.86 (aka Pirola) strain, plus my dad told me that he heard on the news last Friday that the current aforementioned strain is still not reported to be any more harmful than previous strains.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I think if you were mostly outdoors you shouldn't really be affected that much. Plus if you and your friend wore masks whilst indoors and in the car that would have lessened the chances of you catching Covid, more so if your friend was masked whilst with you indoors/in the car, as the general consensus seems to be that masks help reduce the spread of Covid more from those actually infected by it wearing them rather than other people wearing masks to protect oneself from Covid (and other 'airborne' viruses/bugs).

And the onset of pretty much all Covids post-Delta seems to be about 2 days on average, including the current BA.2.86 (aka Pirola) strain, plus my dad told me that he heard on the news last Friday that the current aforementioned strain is still not reported to be any more harmful than previous strains.
    Hello, thank you so much for your response. It really helped me look at it from a different perspective. I致e also heard that the most recent strain seems to show up very quickly, I had another friend that got symptoms 2 days after being exposed.

I知 feeling very tired but I didn稚 sleep at all the night before because I was worrying about this. So even though I know this my brain still seems to put me in panic mode trying to make me believe it must be because I知 sick :(. Ohhh anxiety!!

Hi how are you doing ? I hope your okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're probably fine. The first time I had Covid I spent the entire day at a pool party outdoors with friends, mostly sitting at a table under a tent, shoulder to shoulder, eating out of the same bowls of chips, etc... I tested positive that night and none of those people got it. The second time I had it, I was at work the whole day before I tested positive (but I felt sick that whole day and actually left early because of it) and my two coworkers didn't get it (no one wearing masks). I wore a mask at home for the next 5 days when I came out of my room. My family did not wear masks and neither my husband nor my daughter got it. And yes - 2-3 days seems to be the standard incubation. I think I got my last case at a graduation. The graduation was Wednesday and I was feeling sick by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiee74 View Post
    Hi how are you doing ? I hope your okay

Hello Angie, thank you for asking. It痴 been officially one week and I知 feeling okay! Still a bit anxious but okay

I think you are going to be okay

Thread Information