Thread: Ventricular tachycardia worry

Ventricular tachycardia worry

My echocardiogram from a year and a half ago said

(right ventricle cavity is mildly dilated.)

My LV ejection fraction SIM was 52.16% though it did also say

A2C EF 51%

A4C 54%

My ejection fraction in 2018 was 65% so it went down.

I'm curious what his thoughts are on this and if any of this puts me at risk for ventricular tachycardia. Because Ive noticed once in a while my heart will pause then I'll get this surge of adrenaline and my heart will start to flutter irregularly. Most of the time it lasts like 5 or 6 seconds but one time it lasted like 15 or 20 seconds. A couple of times it happened when I bent over and when when I laid down in bed but most of the time it just happens randomly. I worry because I heard that a diseased heart can cause ventricular tachycardia and can kill you if it lasts longer than 30 seconds. I don't know if that's what I have because I remember back in 2016 or so it happened and since then it's happened a total of like 7 times so I'm not sure if it's vt or SVT. My electrophysiologist said I had induced SVT but he said it was cured on an ablation so maybe it's still SVT? And I remember talking to my electrophysiologist back in 2018 when my ejection fraction was higher and there wasn't any other issues and he said the fluttering was nothing to worry about. So clearly I've had it before I found out about having a mildly dilated right ventricle cavity and lowered ejection fraction. I just don't know what to do. I have a phone call visit with my cardiologist in one week and an appointment with an electrophysiologist in 2 weeks. I'm so scared my heart will go into this rhythm and kill me by then.

Re: Ventricular tachycardia worry

The only people that would be able to give you an accurate answer is a cardiologist or electrophysiologist. The only way anyone could know what those feelings are was if you had an ecg monitor at the time of symptoms which you already would know since you’ve had Svt. Obviously no one of a forum can tell you whether it is or isn’t something to worry about, if you are concerned and can’t wait two weeks you should speak to your gp.

Thread Information