Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A weird scenario but i need some advice. Possible bat bite

A weird scenario but i need some advice. Possible bat bite

A weird scenario but i have to share sorry, possible bat bite.

A weird scenario but need some advice . Possible bat
    Hi guys, i am from USA and 19 years old and i feel a little ashamed posting this but i want to have an advice. Thank you here i go.

So yesterday my stomach started to hurt very badly and i decided to use the bathroom. While i was using the bathroom i felt something on the muscle of my butt sorry again, i looked around could not find what it was and i was just confused, i looked it was a little red on that spot but i could not find anything else other than some pimples that looked red or they were maybe bites and i have some bruises on that spot that look like bites and it hurts. We also had construction going on changing pipes and stuff so maybe it got in this way????

So my mind went straight to bats because well rabies and bats you know the story. Now i think while i was sitting down, it came and bit me there and i did not see it maybe there was an opening in the toilet and it came from there, is that even possible?? I could not find anything.

Is this something to worry about or it was just a muscle spasm or something totally unrelated to a bat??? Sorry again for this weird scenario, i just have to talk to someone i am really worried. Thank you
    Last edited by Fear7888; 08-10-23 at 02:27.

Re: A weird scenario but i need some advice. Possible bat bite

This is really outlandish - and I am saying this with the best intention, to break your fear. I know, because I often come up with the most outlandish, most ridiculous scenarios one can imagine. And they keep on haunting me, it is horrible, I know the feeling. So you do not have to feel ashamed, OCD is torturous. Only us who suffer from it can fully understand it.

That being said, chances that it was a bat are astronomical, if any at all.

Was it your bathroom, I mean in your house? Even if it was not, i think you got it right when you said " a muscle spasm", that is probably what it was. People so rarely get bitten being in the woods, in the night, literally, where bats live and fly - let alone in bathrooms Just think rationally. It was not a bat.

Thank you for responding, yes this is really hard, constant fighting to keep myself in control and the fear too. Yes this was in my house, in my personal bathroom so yeah, idk a lot of people say you would have seen it or it could not be there, no way. We also recently had construction going on changing pipes and stuff so maybe it got in that way??? Idk anymore, but thanks for the answer.

Okay, I can help here. This has happened to me here in the UK, where rabies isn't a thing.

Sometimes you can burst a blood vessel in that area, it feels like you've been bitten and the area goes reddish. This has happened to me at least twice, and I was scared I'd been bitten by something nasty, but I hadn't.

As Lana says, you're going to be fine.

Thank you for this answer, maybe thats what happened, but even if it was not that, it was not a bat right, i am going to far with this right??

There are no toilet bats.

Flapj is right, there are not! It was not a bat.

That might have happened, you are right, I have a bruise looking thing there too, i do not know for certain if it that area that i felt the pulling sensation but idk. This one really scares me because i felt something, yes i know where i felt it just does not happen like this but what if there was a bat in the toilet bowl and it bit me.
    One more question, do you know do bats swim or do they like water, can they dive and stuff or they just don't do that.

I know and I understand this is stupid but upon finding this bruised mark, my mind cant go to relaxed mode, I feel like this time this is really serious. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Fear7888 View Post
    I know and I understand this is stupid but upon finding this bruised mark, my mind cant go to relaxed mode, I feel like this time this is really serious. Thank you
    Forgive my candor. This is about reality vs. the dragon (anxiety). If you cannot rationalize how ridiculous this is then no amount of reassurance will help you. I suggest you seek real life professional help to assist you in fighting the dragon.

Positive thoughts

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information