Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A weird scenario but i need some advice. Possible bat bite

Re: A weird scenario but i need some advice. Possible bat bite

Quote Originally Posted by Fear7888 View Post
    Thanks for this, I took a look at this and boy it is scary, fortunately where i live, bats are not known to be but in my county, they are often found rabid. Also, this scenario happened while i was sleepy, i was starting to fall asleep but my stomach said no and then i went to the bathroom and i was sleepy, but when this happened, i was alert, would i have not noticed the bat if i was sleepy or adrenaline would have woken me right away when this happened??? Sorry again for all the questions.
    Go back and read it again, and you'll see I would jump from "what if" to "what if" every time somebody tried to reassure me. That's what you're doing here now, by asking if you'd see one while sleepy/sick/in a rush. If we reassure you that of course you'd see a bat, then your mind would jump to the next thing.

We do have a close virus to rabies here in the UK, has the same result if bitten, and it's on the rise. I actually live by an active roost that tests positive every year, with increasing numbers of cases in the bats. But I still sleep with my windows open in summer I addressed the cause of my OCD so it doesn't plague my mind like it did before. Sorted out my vitamin intake plus went through therapy, and it's SO liberating not to have to sit there in fear all day every day. You need to seek out a therapist to help you with this.

You would have seen a bat. It wouldn't have been able to bit you if it even was on the edge of the toilet...and if it was in the water, it wouldn't be able to get to your skin to even bite it (and that's not me saying it's even possible there was a bat there). It can't be in two places at once, especially on a surface it has no hope of clinging to.

Why don't you take some time today to have a look for local therapists who deal with OCD?

I thought all the stuff about bats (and snakes) in toilets was a load of cobblers made up by scaremongering idiots online. Such 'idiots' certainly have a lot to answer for when it comes to their winding up vulnerable, gullible and highly sensitive individuals, while no doubt at the same time laughing their backsides off for causing such a hoo-ha!

Over the past week or so I've been spending less time online and also less embroiled in the news in general and I've felt stacks better for it, although I've felt a little guilty at times for seemingly divorcing myself from the rest of the 'real' world.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    Go back and read it again, and you'll see I would jump from "what if" to "what if" every time somebody tried to reassure me. That's what you're doing here now, by asking if you'd see one while sleepy/sick/in a rush. If we reassure you that of course you'd see a bat, then your mind would jump to the next thing.

We do have a close virus to rabies here in the UK, has the same result if bitten, and it's on the rise. I actually live by an active roost that tests positive every year, with increasing numbers of cases in the bats. But I still sleep with my windows open in summer I addressed the cause of my OCD so it doesn't plague my mind like it did before. Sorted out my vitamin intake plus went through therapy, and it's SO liberating not to have to sit there in fear all day every day. You need to seek out a therapist to help you with this.

You would have seen a bat. It wouldn't have been able to bit you if it even was on the edge of the toilet...and if it was in the water, it wouldn't be able to get to your skin to even bite it (and that's not me saying it's even possible there was a bat there). It can't be in two places at once, especially on a surface it has no hope of clinging to.

Why don't you take some time today to have a look for local therapists who deal with OCD?
    The authorities and the media here in the UK are hardly advising us to shut all our doors and windows in case we end up getting infected with this so-called 'bat virus', nor are they making a song and dancing over it right now like they did with Covid earlier in the pandemic, and of course with both Bird Flu and Swine Flu back in the mid-late 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    The authorities and the media here in the UK are hardly advising us to shut all our doors and windows in case we end up getting infected with this so-called 'bat virus', nor are they making a song and dancing over it right now like they did with Covid earlier in the pandemic, and of course with both Bird Flu and Swine Flu back in the mid-late 2000s.
    You're correct, they are not, as the risk is still incredibly low to the pubilc, but it is very closely monitored. You are still advised to seek medical advice if you wake with a bat in your room though. I'm interested in bat conservation, so I read a lot of the stuff that comes along with that. I was using it to illustrate my point about now being able to sleep with my windows open after suffering the same OCD phobia that Fear7888 is currently experiencing

Quote Originally Posted by WorryRaptor View Post
    You're correct, they are not, as the risk is still incredibly low to the pubilc, but it is very closely monitored. You are still advised to seek medical advice if you wake with a bat in your room though. I'm interested in bat conservation, so I read a lot of the stuff that comes along with that. I was using it to illustrate my point about now being able to sleep with my windows open after suffering the same OCD phobia that Fear7888 is currently experiencing
    Well that obviously explains it then.

But if this so-called ' bat virus' was considered a major public health concern and a possible candidate for a 'state of emergency' situation then many journalists throughout the country would for dead cert be having an epic field day and inadvertently putting the fear of God into us over it.

Although it's allegedly been having a bit of a resurgence of late, and for better or worse, Covid in general is still being kept relatively low-key by the vast majority of media outlets in this country, but nevertheless, I was offered my latest Covid and flu jabs simultaneously yesterday afternoon; each one in each arm, and was down my local GP practice in a heartbeat, even though I haven't been losing any sleep over Covid for the best part of the past 2 years now.

Hey sorry for the late reply, I understand and props to you for getting out from this anxiety hole and taking control of your life.

Can i ask you a question, when my stomach started to hurt and i went to the bathroom and this stuff happened, i was sleepy, would this sensation pump adrenaline into me and wake me up and would i be more alert than before or will sleepiness cause me not to see the bat??? Thank you again for your time and for answering me. I even looked under the toilet seat to see if it would have been there but no it could not have been because there is no place for it to grab on and even if it was there, i would have seen it. Would the toilet papers cover it up or would it flap around in panic and cause water to splash?? Sorry for this stupid questions.

And i am looking for therapists cause this is seriously not ok anymore.

It's likely yes if there was a bat in the toilet you would hear it splashing in the water, even if toilet papers were covering it you would have heard something I think.
    I hope you find a therapist who can help you with this.

Someday you will laugh about this one. I promise. That doesn't mean you aren't in a nightmare right now. I get that. For what it's worth (and with OCD/health anxiety I know that's not much) it was definitely NOT a bat. You will live to tell this tale.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information