Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Women of a certain age...

Re: Women of a certain age...

Lol...I knew you’d think that Carnation but honestly it hasn’t anything to do with other issue, I never knew they could come after menopause, I knew about pregnancy and nurses are more susceptible to them, I do get aching in mine and just wondered if it was common to do so....

If they can come after menopause because of the lack of hormones, then why are they more common in women then men if they don’t have those hormones to start with....strange....

Anyway, I hope that site is as good as it used to be and helps somebody x

YKWA I often browse the Menopause Matters Forum. It's nice to read about others experiences and you feel like what you are going through is "normal". I don't post on there but it's great to read through when some new perimenopause symptom pops up for me.

Hormones play havoc with our emotions.
    Getting upset is very natural going through the menopause. The simplest of events, tasks, situations can turn the tap on and sometimes nothing at all, the tears just come and you wonder why.

I've been having to create learning materials about people's experiences in the Ukrainian conflict this week. Been sat sobbing at my desk.

Oh no, that will definitely get you going Blueiris.
    I try to avoid certain topics on the TV because of that otherwise I'd be a mess. Even adverts can get to me.
    We try to watch something light or fantasy just before bedtime. At the moment we are working our way through Deep Space Nine, and it's so good.
    I'm a sucker for a film based on a true story though and that normally gets me.

DS9 is the best Star Trek, but if you don't mind cartoons Lower Decks comes a very close second.

I think so Blueiris. I love the background music as well, so relaxing. It's really film quality. I'll take a look at Lower Decks. Got to say I've never heard of it. Mr C likes Family
    Guy, it's quite good.

Diet changes due to change of taste....Anyone find they seek more flavour? Eat things they wouldn't have entertained before? More sweet things? More savoury? Bigger helpings? Or smaller portions?

I eat a lot of things now that I wouldn't touch right up into my 40s. Hated rhubarb (my absolute favourite now), hated strawberries (still wary of them but admit they're delicious), hated broad beans (often use the frozen ones for my noodle bowl lunches now). Three or four years ago I wouldn't touch anything with visible egg; I still wouldn't eat it without lots of extra flavourings but my current favourite place for lunch sells kottu, a sort of stir fry made of fiery curry, chips of bread and scrambled egg, and it's probably the most comforting thing I ever ate.

Me too Blueiris, with the rhubarb. Still can't do broad beans. But I eat far more vegetables now.
    Off gone off baked beans and bananas.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread Information