Thread: Actinic Keratosis - Again - How to Deal

Actinic Keratosis - Again - How to Deal

So I go for my regular skin checks every 6 months (yeah me) and every time I go there's always something "precancer" to burn off.
    Since my last check 2 months ago I've been twice because I found 2 more suspicious areas - those were burned off/cauterized...the latest one being today.
    I guess this is my lot in life now - if I am lucky - and that is a series of finding weird stuff and getting them burned off. Again...if I'm lucky.
    Funny thing is, my skin looks really good...porcelain even...but I'm "at that age" - 55 to be exact

Anyhow, I'm not handling this well...mentally.
    Lots of "what if-ing"
    Lots of catastrophizing
    Lots of loss sleep
    Lots of wondering if the doctor even made the right decision to burn rather than biopsy

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Actinic Keratosis - Again - How to Deal

Hi. I’m also at an age where I feel my skin is changing. Skin and boobs are my health anxieties and I’m having a skin anxiety gift now. At least you e been treated, I can’t even get that far I’m terrified. I’m sure your deem would biopsy if he felt the need especially given where you live. Try not to panic, you’re being looked after x

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde123 View Post
    Hi. I’m also at an age where I feel my skin is changing. Skin and boobs are my health anxieties and I’m having a skin anxiety gift now. At least you e been treated, I can’t even get that far I’m terrified. I’m sure your deem would biopsy if he felt the need especially given where you live. Try not to panic, you’re being looked after x
    Thanks for answering...it means a lot...truly. Just to be heard and understood helps. I'm sorry you're going through a similar struggle. I truly truly am. I don't wish this on anyone. Anyhow, just know that you too are seen and heard...at least from someone "across the pond" Keep us all posted on how you're doing and I hope you can get into a someone soon as well.

Thankyou penny. What a lovely reply. Hope you’re doing well x

Hanging in...every day is a HA struggle. I've got to get past this. I hope you've gotten the care you need and can also find mental peace. That's what we all want, isn't it?

Thread Information