Thread: Squint operation…worried

Squint operation…worried

Hi all, been a while.

I have a squint, doesn’t affect the eye sight and had an op when I was younger to correct it. They said it would come back and it has, now I’m due another op on 1st November. The squint affects my confidence etc but I have a happy family life and job etc. it’s basically a cosmetic thing and should only take an hour under general anaesthetic. I’m. It worried about pain etc but the anaesthetic etc. I started googling (yes I know &#128546 and couldn’t stop. I’m 39 and want to progress in my career etc. so I know getting it is a good thing but then others say don’t bother as it’s you and who cares what people think. I just don’t know what to do! I wish I didn’t have over 2 weeks to think about it! It’s in and out the same day and it’s done but…

Re: Squint operation…worried

Anyone?

Just wanted you to know that somebody's reading.

Honestly, it's probably not something I'd bother with, but I'm not you. Do you feel it's holding you back?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Just wanted you to know that somebody's reading.

Honestly, it's probably not something I'd bother with, but I'm not you. Do you feel it's holding you back?
    Thank you so much!
    I don't know to be honest. My wife does not think I should have it however I want to go into teaching and think it may help. I keep thinking that it's just one quick op and it's done but worried about how I will react afterwards as had really bad anxiety after my hernia op. I'm 50/50 at the moment. My parents think I should get it done and some friends too. I know in the long run I will probably feel more confident and better however it does not affect my sight in the slightest and if people want to judge then I should think stuff them

It's so much easier when you HAVE to have an op as you can prepare slightly differently however I know I have the option to back out :(

It sounds as though this is something you really want to do, so I think you should go for it. You've got this!

Thank you

I am feeling so sick with worry and can't stop thinking about how I am going to react afterwards! My wife wants me to cancel, I just don't know. Although I do want to get it done, I just keep weighing up whether it is worth it or not. I am hardly sleeping and it is still 6 days away!

It's a tough one. If it's making you feel that bad, it might be worth cancelling.

I ended up cancelling! My wife has noticed a big change in me and I cannot risk feeling like I did before. I am going to get real help through work and reschedule for the new year! I hope I have done the right thing.

I think you have, Willous. You're still taking action, and it's going to benefit you regardless of whether or not you eventually have the operation done.

Thread Information