Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bad patch

Re: Bad patch

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Counting our blessings is so important, you are so right Blue. What a lovely post xx
    Exactly. It makes us realise how fortunate we are in this country in the grand scheme of things, in spite of its respective problems, which are actually a walk in the park compared to the likes of Ukraine, Israel/Gaza, etc, right now.

Argh. Giant clots again.

I've had this so many times. And I've had huge clots, not just ones the size of a 10p piece.
    Honestly, at our age (and I think you're around the same age as me if I'm not mistaken, 47?), it's perfectly normal. It's been happening to me for a good few years now.
    I know it looks scary but it's usually nothing to worry about, it's just part of our weird monthly cycle.

I'll be 47 next Friday. And yeah, mine are narrower than a 10p piece but a lot longer. I've always had a gush on day 4 for about 20 years, but it's started tripping the panic switch.

Have got a phone consult with a female GP for this afternoon which will hopefully help out; I prefer phone ones because the distance doesn't trigger my medical phobia so much.

It really sounds like it's your anxiety is flaring up. You probably know deep down that this is fairly normal for you but when the panic kicks in, we all know that any sort of logical thinking goes out the window.

Hopefully your phone consult will go well and she'll be able to give you the reassurance you need at the moment.

I used to get clots. Dark ones as well.
    I hope your phone call this afternoon will give you some piece of mind Blueiris.

GP said she could only reassure me if I had bloods and an ultrasound, but that it doesn't have to be immediate. Will think about it, at least, as I do think this is mostly normal for me.

It's good that she said there was no urgency getting bloods or ultrasound done. And you're starting to admit to yourself that it's totally normal for you that this happened.
    It can take time for the anxious mind to quieten down and the logical mind to start working again but it sounds like the process has started with you already.
    I hope you start to feel better soon because I know how scary clots can be, no matter how many times you've had them before, they just scare us at times, especially when we have anxiety.

I think you just need reassurance that it is normal.
    You've got to decide whether you think it's necessary or come to the realisation that it's quite normal for the time of the month.

Right, yes. Not going to make any hasty decisions, will chat to my husband and then see how it goes.

For now, I just want to get home from work and have a lie down, the panic was exhausting.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread Information