Thread: Womb biopsy and anemia

Womb biopsy and anemia

Hello everyone,

Bit of a back story I was diagnosed severely anemic around 3 months ago. Put on ferrous sulfate 200mg 3x daily. Had a colonoscopy all fine, so referred to gynecologist because my periods are heavy and that's what the doctor thinks the problem is. I'm 42

I saw the gynecologist this afternoon. He has done a biopsy of my womb. He harped on about my weight and hormonal control etc. Finding abnormal cells, hysterectomy and i dont know what else to be honest. Anyone else had this biopsy? I'm so scared now that it's womb cancer all along that's causing my heavy periods and anemia.

I can't do this guys, honestly I feel like I would be better not here anymore. I always had to stay because of my little boy but he's 11 now and independent, he would be perfectly fine. I feel so scared so low. I'm so sorry xx

Re: Womb biopsy and anemia

Terrifying, isn't it? I'm big, and I always worry about my periods. Chances are that it'll be something completely innocent, though, and even on the off-chance it isn't, these things are very easily curable in the early stages.

Please don't be sorry, life is stressful. Here to talk if you need to.

Thread Information