Thread: I can taste CT scan contrast days later

I can taste CT scan contrast days later

I'm very nervous about this and it being stuck in my body. I've drank enough water and peed a alot! Anyway that feeling wouldnt go away and I ended up going to the hospital with very high blood pressure and panic. I was given some fluids and now I can taste those still it has been over 24 hours since they were injected and during the time of the injection I was feeling really anxious, shortness of breath and like I could die any moment. Not sure if that was from anxiety or if something is wrong with my body when getting anything put into my veins. I told a nurse during this and she told me to sit down and that it was just saline and I have nothing to worry about. I didn't complain and struggled for another 15 minutes until it was gone and slowly that feeling passed. My blood pressure when I was there was still very high and my white blood cells count and this other form of white blood cell test called monocytes absolute were high but by the end of my visit the doctor told me that I wasn't in any immediate danger and I was discharged.

Tldr worried about having contrast stuck in my body or something in my body not working right because of after effects that I am noticing like tasting the contrast / saline days after injected

Re: I can taste CT scan contrast days later

I saw a video about this you are basically breathing it back out that’s why you can taste it. Not sure how long it lasts but I don’t think it’s possible for it to get stuck in your body.

Thread Information