Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ww3

Ww3

I've just recently found out about what's happening in the middle east and for the past two days its consumed my life with fears of ww3. Its all I can think about, I can't eat or sleep and its badly effecting my metal state. I'm constantly checking Google and the news thinking we're just moments away from ww3 and nuclear fall out/winter.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Re: Ww3

fma11122345, I wouldn't worry about what is happening in the middle east escalating into WW3. The countries that possess nuclear weapons i.e USA, UK, France, Russia, China etc know what would result from a nuclear weapon exchange. MAD, mutually assured destruction. A nuclear war would be unwinnable. So they'll make sure any escalation will be confined to the middle east.

My wife has said something very similar, that I shouldn't worry about something I can't control. But, I hope your right. Thank you for your insight on the matter.

I hope more people give some insight on this, it's eating me alive.

Quote Originally Posted by fma11122345 View Post
    I hope more people give some insight on this, it's eating me alive.

People were expressing very similar concerns when the Ukraine thing first kicked off last year, and of course at the height of the conflicts in Syria a few years back.

And we're all still here right now to tell the tale.

It's important to remember that this current conflict in Israel/Gaza is not altogether a new thing; it's a recurring conflict that's been going on for donkeys years on and off now with a World War Three never coming to pass before.

If I were you I would avoid social media and unscrupulous news media outlets as much as possible until the worst of the frenzy from both the media and the general public surrounding this latest conflict finally calms down. As per usual there's a fair bit of misinformation and fake news circulating online concerning this latest conflict, plus I think the MSM have been blatantly milking it to death (no pun intended) over the past fortnight or so while reports concerning the existing conflict in Ukraine has seemingly been sidelined in favour of all of this, despite both conflicts being as serious as each other.

Also remember 3 years ago we were constantly being told we're all gonna die of Covid, which never actually materialised into the mega Armageddon-like scenario that many were intensely putting the fear of God into us over at the time, and once again, we're still here to tell the tale!

In conclusion, I think the very term 'World War Three' in general has now been hackneyed to death to the point where it's becoming increasingly meaningless and inadvertently lost a lot of its 'shock' value, especially as it's often used in a 'crying wolf' context.

Its hard for me to just ignore it. I'm hyper focused on it. I'll tell myself I'm going to ignore it and get on with my day, and then ill find myself looking it up and worrying myself to death over it.

It's interesting what people are fearful of concerning this situation. The fear of a nuclear conflict doesn't really affect me as I'm not concerned about a major power using them. If something is going to happen it would be from one of the countries in the Middle East creating one on the sly. Several countries have nuclear energy and uranium, but creating and accurately delivering a missile are a ways off. All the major powers have been keeping an eye on that for years. Frankly, N Korea is more a threat than the Middle East.

If anything, at least for me, it's just depressing I've grown up and lived through many turbulent times and events that show mankind as a rather savage and violent species. Nature pales in comparison to mankind in that department. In fact, there is no time in history when there wasn't a violent conflict going on somewhere in the world. And lately? The political divide has brought out the total crazy all over the world! Add into that social media and being able to read the thoughts and opinions of others and you realize just how insane this world is I avoid getting wrapped up in the news. Read or watch just enough to know what's going on but avoid the horror stories and clickbait. Speaking of clickbait, frankly I prefer to click on the Liz Hurley in bikini stories so popular in the media here

So no, I don't fear this evolving into WW3 but it's horrifying and devastating to see what's going on and sadly, I'm afraid it's going to get a lot uglier before it gets better.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm more concerned that either Russia, China or both will join Iran in taking on Israel and the west. And from there it would turn into ww3, thats what has me the most worried.

Quote Originally Posted by fma11122345 View Post
    I'm more concerned that either Russia, China or both will join Iran in taking on Israel and the west. And from there it would turn into ww3, thats what has me the most worried.
    Nahhh... Putin and XI don't want to risk their lives or power to attempt to mess with the West. Too much narcissism involved there. Besides, unlike some other leaders in the free world, they actually can think and speak coherently Look how Putin reacted to that drone strike on the Kremlin. You know that shook him up. Took him a couple days to come out of the basement

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Idk, things got so much worse over night. Israel literally threatened Iran. There's so much talk about Iran running this whole thing to start a massive war.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information