Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ww3

Re: Ww3

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Has any of the major news outlets actually confirmed this?

I walked past a rack full of all of today's (UK) national newspapers in my local train station and not a single one of them had the words 'World War Three' printed on the front page, nor has there been any conformation of it on our BBC or Sky News channels or their respective websites.

Sounds like you might be overthinking it too much. Also be careful what websites you visit, and of course social media can be a hotbed for such alarmist propaganda.

Remember we have global organisations such as NATO and the UN who stringently scrutinise situations like this, who we didn't have back in the 1930s, plus there's various protocols in place that keep a full-on World War Three from happening willy-nilly, which partly explains why we still haven't had a full-on global war since 1945.

I'm sure I remember saying the same things last year about the Ukraine conflict.

For all I know I could be talking a load of old cobblers myself but I've tried to explain and reassure with the best of my knowledge on the subject.
    I get all my information from cnn for the most part. So its not like I'm getting it off of some tabloid, sadly. So most of what I'm saying is confirmed. And the UN is much of a joke thanks to anyone one of the five lasting members just able to veto anything that doesn't fit with its agenda, like the usa did last week for a ceasefire. Iv read the link you've sent me, but its only a small help compared to everything else that's going on. And he's yet to update byoned Saturday (which the worst of the bombs took place) Israel has vowed to wipe hams off the map and refused to meet with the head of the un today after they were vastly criticized by all members of the un (but the ) for its war crimes. So this is truly seems like the end

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fma11122345 View Post
    I get all my information from cnn for the most part. So its not like I'm getting it off of some tabloid, sadly. So most of what I'm saying is confirmed. And the UN is much of a joke thanks to anyone one of the five lasting members just able to veto anything that doesn't fit with its agenda, like the usa did last week for a ceasefire. Iv read the link you've sent me, but its only a small help compared to everything else that's going on. And he's yet to update byoned Saturday (which the worst of the bombs took place) Israel has vowed to wipe hams off the map and refused to meet with the head of the un today after they were vastly criticized by all members of the un (but the ) for its war crimes. So this is truly seems like the end.

Good god FMA, you sound absolutely adamant some kind of Armageddon-like situation is imminent, and nothing will change your mind. Also did any of the articles actually say the words 'World War Three'?

Conflicts like this have happened umpteen times before between Israel and Gaza, and nothing out of the ordinary has happened throughout the rest of the world.

Another implication could be that General Elections are due on both sides of the Atlantic next year and the existing leaders probably feel they need to be seen to be doing something by giving this conflict extensive attention and not necessarily because they might have some kind of hidden agenda for full-on military intervention, etc.
    If anything, they're probably trying to seek peace.

Perhaps you may have misunderstood some of the articles you've watched on CNN a little, especially as it can sometimes be difficult to make sense of stuff through all the noise (both auditory and visual). Also here in the UK there's still no talk of 'Protect And Survive' being brought back either.

Plus, while I don't in any way intend to be patronising, you seem to be the only person on here (so far) who seems to be so embroiled in all of this but barely a peep from certain others on here who have historically got the willies from stuff like this, including at the start of the Ukraine conflict in February last year.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 24-10-23 at 19:17.

Good god FMA, you sound absolutely adamant some kind of Armageddon-like situation is imminent, and nothing will change your mind.

Conflicts like this have happened umpteen times before between Israel and Gaza, and nothing out of the ordinary has happened throughout the rest of the world.

Another implication could be that General Elections are due on both sides of the Atlantic next year and the existing leaders probably feel they need to be seen to be doing something by giving this conflict extensive attention and not necessarily because they might have some kind of hidden agenda for full-on military intervention, etc.
    If anything, they're probably trying to seek peace.

Perhaps you may have misunderstood some of the articles you've watched on CNN a little, especially as it can sometimes be difficult to make sense of stuff through all the noise (both auditory and visual). Also here in the UK there's still no talk of 'Protect And Survive' being brought back either.

Plus, while I don't in any way intend to be patronising, you seem to be the only person on here (so far) who seems to be so embroiled in all of this but barely a peep from certain others on here who have historically got the willies from stuff like this, including at the start of the Ukraine conflict in February last year.
    I am a bit surprised that I'm the only one going through this kinda of thinking, as its clearly a huge deal at the moment. Why would the un be making a huge deal out of this if it wasn't a huge deal that could lead to a much bigger problem. So much news about ww3, that even elon musk has said Biden is sleep walking the us into ww3. I understand were your coming from, but I really feel like this might be the start to a much bigger war with Iran, China and Russia. Even tho China has changed its stance and said it does believe Israel has a right to defend itself, as long as its abiding by the laws of war. Which its not, we need a ceasefire, but that won't come thanks to the us and whatever hidden agenda it might have for causing this conflict to Ballon out of control.

Welp, attempted number 3 for the un to stop the comming ww3 has failed yet again. The un met today to vote for a cesfire or even a pause on the fighting. The American vote was ten/four with China and Russia against it, it would have passed if it wasn't for the veto power (why even bother?) Russia's only hade around 2 votes behid it. So yet again, we failed to stop this war. In his opening remarks, the Russian depeplomat said "we need to stop this, before it becomes a regional problem and then even global." Thats sounds like ww3 talk to me. The west vs the Arabic world with China and Russia as its biggest backer. I hope the future of whats left of this world will not fallow in the foot steps of our failed leaders.

Last edited by fma11122345; 25-10-23 at 22:45.

I didn't want to say anything, but I guess I'll have to now. I've started having panic attacks over it. Nobody can help me. I feel sick and afraid...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I didn't want to say anything, but I guess I'll have to now. I've started having panic attacks over it. Nobody can help me. I feel sick and afraid...
    Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Nahhh... Putin and XI don't want to risk their lives or power to attempt to mess with the West. Too much narcissism involved there. Besides, unlike some other leaders in the free world, they actually can think and speak coherently Look how Putin reacted to that drone strike on the Kremlin. You know that shook him up. Took him a couple days to come out of the basement
    Do you really think, based on the powers that the leaders of the nations involved would risk that power? Sorry, but these men are too narcissistic to risk that They just won't. They all know that such a conflict would strip them of their power and they're not willing to let go of that.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Again...

Do you really think, based on the powers that the leaders of the nations involved would risk that power? Sorry, but these men are too narcissistic to risk that They just won't. They all know that such a conflict would strip them of their power and they're not willing to let go of that.

FMP
    As there ever been a conflict on this scale before that hasn't brought the world to ww3? I can't think of one off the top of my head. And with the looming ground invasion waring to cause the middle east to boil over, how could you be so sure? My wife isn't worried and said whatever happens, happens. But I can't get behind that kinda thinking. I just hade my daughter, she the light of my world and I can't bare the thought of lossing her and my family all because the us has to feel the need to police the world. Were funding the war with Ukrain, were helping the war with Taiwan, and now israel. 2 of the world's super powers are on the side of the Arabic world. Sure, were trying to mend out relationship with China this week, but I still think it won't matter with the death toll of gaze and how mosterish israel is acting, taking out its hate on inosncet wemon and child.

Ok, so again, just offering a perspective from a human nature/history point of view. It's quite apparent, nothing said here will quell your worries, so I sincerely wish you peace with your dragon.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No, I agree, this is easily the worst things have been since the Ukraine war began, potentially worse.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information