Thread: Scared it's a heart problem

Scared it's a heart problem

Had my covid vaccine shot yesterday, was fine throughout the day, bit of a sore arm. By evening I had an arm that felt even more achy, but when it got to around midnight I started getting some face/jaw pain that made it impossible to sleep. I also have acid reflux in general, which I've been suffering badly with the last couple weeks (more sore throat, more phlegm and heartburn). For the record, it's not dental related as I saw a dentist a few weeks ago and this only has suddenly happened after the vaccine coincidentally.

I'm also having tingling/pins and needles/coldness in my hand but I tend to have poor circulation and possible Raynauds so this could just be unrelated (or the tingling could be from the jab side effect).

I have severe health anxiety and know I should stay away from googling these things but I look up things for reassurance which never works out lol. So I then did the stupid thing of Googling in the night (I was looking for side effects others might have had) and ended up at the conclusion that it's heart problems or a heart attack.. I think the thing that initially triggered this is my aunt yesterday was taken ill with a heart attack, so now it's been in the back of my mind obviously. I didn't really think of it though until the jaw pain.

I took paracetamol/painkiller and it's eased somewhat, which I'm trying to convince myself is a good sign. I still have some twinging/slight aching, and my arm still hurts. I also still have heartburn.

If this was a heart attack would it be more obvious? I read that women can have heart attacks that can just be jaw pain and indigestion so I'm beside myself thinking negative thoughts :(

Re: Scared it's a heart problem

How are you doing now?

I would think that most of the effects you were feeling could be down to anxiety/muscle pain or tension from the vaccine itself. I know I get jaw pain when I'm stressed - the dentist says my jaw is fine but it definitely hurts at times (though I'm a chronic grinder). If you're worried though, I'd call your GP and see what they suggest.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information