Thread: Escitralopram and ablify

Escitralopram and ablify

Hi all

My doctor has suggested I add in 10mg of ablify alongside my escitralopram 15mg. He explained that it can really help with depressive symptoms

I'm ironically too scared to try them.

Any personal experiences with this combo?

Many thanks

Re: Escitralopram and ablify

Quote Originally Posted by welshdory View Post
    My doctor has suggested I add in 10mg of ablify alongside my escitralopram 15mg.
    How did you end up back on escitalopram? As I recall, it stopped working after you had been on it for many years and you had switched to duloxetine a few months ago?

When did you go back on it and how long have you been taking 15mg?

He explained that it can really help with depressive symptoms
    It may do. Is the escitalopram doing anything?

I'm ironically too scared to try them.
    It is unlikely to do any harm in the short term, especially at the low doses usually prescribed to augment an AD. Drowsiness is likely to be the main initial side-effect.

Thank you panic down under, I always appreciate you taking the time to reply.

The doctor thought it was worth me going back on to the meds that caused the least side effects, I really didn't feel good on the duloxetine.

It made me worry that he was adding in that sort of medication, there's no mention of it on any of the sub threads that I could see. Which made me think it wasn't used a lot.

I checked the packaging and its actually 5mg, so I've taken one today.

I just want to regain some sort of normality. I'm so irritable, angry and sad

I refused years ago to take Abilify with my regular anti depressant (whichever I used at the time, do not remember), because it can cause Tardive Dyskinesia. I am generally always scared of new medication, which has not been around for years. I believe a short term usage and small dosage should be OK, though.

Quote Originally Posted by welshdory View Post
    The doctor thought it was worth me going back on to the meds that caused the least side effects, I really didn't feel good on the duloxetine.
    Which is fine if what you go back onto works otherwise you might as well take a sugar pill. How long have you been back on escitalopram this time and how long at 15mg? Is it having a positive effect?

It made me worry that he was adding in that sort of medication, there's no mention of it on any of the sub threads that I could see. Which made me think it wasn't used a lot.
    It is reasonably common if an AD is working, but falling a little short of 100% effectiveness. Imo, it shouldn't be added to an AD that is doing little on its own.

Thread Information