Thread: New stomach pains - ulcer fears

New stomach pains - ulcer fears

Hey, so for over a year I have been having trouble with my stomach. I have been belching excessively for all that time, although it is no longer as bad as it was. I have been eating very blandly for the last 7-8 months and have been on two rounds of ppis in the meantime (once for a month and the second time for 2 months). I am not sure if they have done anything to help or not though, but like I say, it has been slowly getting better. I have also had a test done for H. Pylori that came back negative.

Now for all that time I have never really had any stomach pain and only a tiny bit of nausea every now and then, but in the last week or so I have been starting to experience pains in my stomach, sometimes sharp, sometimes throbbing, just under and below my left ribs. I am now terrified that I have an ulcer and that it's going to rupture soon.

What's added to this fear is that I have been very irresponsible regarding my diet of late. I have been under a ton of work-related stress lately and have been drinking heavily for the last month. I fear that this has caused/made worse any ulcer that I may have had and that it could "go" anytime soon, which is making my stress even worse.

I have booked an appointment to see a doctor next week, but I was looking to see if anyone else has experience something similar or has any advice or reassurance perhaps. Thank you

Re: New stomach pains - ulcer fears

Any update?

Thread Information