Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GB News-The hard-Right 'has-beens' club?

Re: GB News-The hard-Right 'has-beens' club?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    I would doubt or there can't be many Jews living in the Gaza Strip, can't imagine that would be tolerated by the Palestinian factions?
    We sell them weapons, have done since the formation of Israel. I believe the US is quite generous with its aid package. I don't think we provide anything other the humanitarian aid though, Israel isn't a poor country, I doubt they need any aid from us.
    They're defiantly sending weapons: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybo...l-reports-say/

Here's an 11 year old video that discusses the problems. Excellent video that is very relevant today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXS3tmZrcU

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    They're defiantly sending weapons: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybo...l-reports-say/

Here's an 11 year old video that discusses the problems. Excellent video that is very relevant today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzXS3tmZrcU
    I never doubted that the US would support Israel in this, they are close bedfellows. There has been a lot Jewish immigration to the USA, almost since the US was founded. They have been heavily involved in the financial markets and businesses. The UK less so, as I said, israel isn't poor, they got F35's long before we did.
    The 11 year old video doesn't include the recent accords and relationship building that has gone on between isreal and some of the Arab states. Whilst there's a lot to teeth gritting whilst shaking hands, it has gone some way to reducing tensions between the nations.
    This causes further marginalisation of Iran, who would happily nuke Isreal out of existence, so they supply Hamas, and other anti Isreal factions with cash and weapons. Same as the US did with the anti Soviet factions in Afghanistan.
    The Hamas attack was to deliberately seek harsh retaliation from Israel, they knew what would happen. The killing of Muslims by Jews was always going to be dimly viewed by the Arab nations.

Hamas has sacrificed the Palestinian people to ensure themselves and Iran are not further marginalised in the region. Israel does not need asking twice to attack what they deam a terrorist run state. Unfortunately this will be at the cost of the Palestinian people.

I don't have much sympathy for either side. It's just further proof of the evils of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    I never doubted that the US would support Israel in this, they are close bedfellows. There has been a lot Jewish immigration to the USA, almost since the US was founded. They have been heavily involved in the financial markets and businesses. The UK less so, as I said, israel isn't poor, they got F35's long before we did.
    The 11 year old video doesn't include the recent accords and relationship building that has gone on between isreal and some of the Arab states. Whilst there's a lot to teeth gritting whilst shaking hands, it has gone some way to reducing tensions between the nations.
    This causes further marginalisation of Iran, who would happily nuke Isreal out of existence, so they supply Hamas, and other anti Isreal factions with cash and weapons. Same as the US did with the anti Soviet factions in Afghanistan.
    The Hamas attack was to deliberately seek harsh retaliation from Israel, they knew what would happen. The killing of Muslims by Jews was always going to be dimly viewed by the Arab nations.

Hamas has sacrificed the Palestinian people to ensure themselves and Iran are not further marginalised in the region. Israel does not need asking twice to attack what they deam a terrorist run state. Unfortunately this will be at the cost of the Palestinian people.

I don't have much sympathy for either side. It's just further proof of the evils of religion.
    Absolutely. They've been at each others' throats basically since year dot. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, and all that.

Hence why I believe our media and authorities getting too embroiled in all this (dare I say it) is a waste of time, especially when we already have multiple issues within our own shores to be trying to get to grips with.

I reiterate I'm not trivialising this dreadful situation in the Middle East, but unfortunately there's very little we can really do to get the warring factions who have basically been at it since time immemorial to change their ways.

At the same time, it's important that awareness is maintained. You talk about it as though it's completely separate from us, Lenco, and it's not.

These people who are living in dreadful circumstances have family and loved ones in the UK, and I see and speak to victims of global conflict on a weekly if not daily basis.

They're humans, like us, and their voices deserve to be heard and their stories told.

Lenco, it's the way of the news: Yemen, no one cared. Ukraine, now forgotten. Taliban who? Anyone marching to stop the butchery elsewhere like Africa? Nope.

But that doesn't mean those in power or interested aren't still trying to resolve or monitor a situation.

Beware politicians campaigning though. It's free publicity for doing nothing and a good distraction from their day jobs.

I always feel for the poor people caught up in between those fighting for power. Their choices are limited and for some life is just horrible. Imagine living with the threat some maniac might just walk into a cafe and blow you up? I'll take the risks of violent crime over that.

As for Braverman...just making her move as Sunak is pretty weak. Did it with Rwanda, boats, etc and people soon saw it was all words and no achievement. People are a bit sick of tough talk and no action so it probably won't help her in the more moderate, floating groups that win elections.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Lenco, it's the way of the news: Yemen, no one cared. Ukraine, now forgotten. Taliban who? Anyone marching to stop the butchery elsewhere like Africa? Nope.

But that doesn't mean those in power or interested aren't still trying to resolve or monitor a situation.

Beware politicians campaigning though. It's free publicity for doing nothing and a good distraction from their day jobs.

I always feel for the poor people caught up in between those fighting for power. Their choices are limited and for some life is just horrible. Imagine living with the threat some maniac might just walk into a cafe and blow you up? I'll take the risks of violent crime over that.

As for Braverman...just making her move as Sunak is pretty weak. Did it with Rwanda, boats, etc and people soon saw it was all words and no achievement. People are a bit sick of tough talk and no action so it probably won't help her in the more moderate, floating groups that win elections.
    Nice to see you back Terry. I presume you'd been taking a break from here for a bit.

As for your take on this particular subject, that's pretty much what I've been implying all along; the typical news cycle which ebbs and flows, plus I do also believe just like you that this current Middle East thing has partly been given greater attention in this country to distract us from a lot of the political 'chaos' within our own shores.

It seems that last Saturday's protests/demos in central London are now already pretty much forgotten about and 'water under the bridge', especially as they seemed somewhat tamer than the likes of the 1990 Poll Tax riots, the August 2011 riots, the July 2005 terrorist attacks, etc, and the 'boats' thing soon replaced it as the 'hot topic', which will no doubt in turn be supplanted by something else next week.

Heck, even the Covid Inquiry barely seems to be getting much general media attention right now either.

And I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about those poor people caught up between those fighting for power and their 'choices being limited', which really does make many of us Brits realise how good and relatively easy we actually have it here by comparison, in spite of a lot of the ongoing domestic political pandemonium and the generally tough financial climate ATM which in the grand scheme of things are actually a walk in the park directly compared to the dire tumultuous situation in Israel/Gaza right now, and last Saturday's events in central London actually seemed like a kiddies' pantomime by comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Nice to see you back Terry. I presume you'd been taking a break from here for a bit.

As for your take on this particular subject, that's pretty much what I've been implying all along; the typical news cycle which ebbs and flows, plus I do also believe just like you that this current Middle East thing has partly been given greater attention in this country to distract us from a lot of the political 'chaos' within our own shores.

It seems that last Saturday's protests/demos in central London are now already pretty much forgotten about and 'water under the bridge', especially as they seemed somewhat tamer than the likes of the 1990 Poll Tax riots, the August 2011 riots, the July 2005 terrorist attacks, etc, and the 'boats' thing soon replaced it as the 'hot topic', which will no doubt in turn be supplanted by something else next week.

Heck, even the Covid Inquiry barely seems to be getting much general media attention right now either.

And I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about those poor people caught up between those fighting for power and their 'choices being limited', which really does make many of us Brits realise how good and relatively easy we actually have it here by comparison, in spite of a lot of the ongoing domestic political pandemonium and the generally tough financial climate ATM which in the grand scheme of things are actually a walk in the park directly compared to the dire tumultuous situation in Israel/Gaza right now, and last Saturday's events in central London actually seemed like a kiddies' pantomime by comparison!
    Yeah I was going to have a break for a few weeks but time flies and plans change. My mum's health has been worsening and that had to take priority.

Well there are plenty of Jewish and Muslim citizens in the UK. And this issue is a big one on the agenda of those further to the left who like a good march. It has derailed Labour again and Starmer is going to be wary of this pushing the working class voters away again who want him concentrating on the UK.

Israel & Palestine is a much bigger issue than one country or its political parties half way the other side of the planet. Unless we plan on hitting them with sanctions or through military action, Israel aren't going to care any way. All they can do is try to talk to both parties and offer humanitarian aid. Brokering peace with religion involved is even harder...

Our MPs get to stand up and wave their arms about saying how unjust it all is knowing it's just words and no real work is needed to look good. Now contrast that with solving problems on home soil where real actions are needed. Fighting is always easier for leaders than fixing poverty, staffing hospitals, etc. They know no one is asking about all those NHS problems whilst this is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yeah I was going to have a break for a few weeks but time flies and plans change. My mum's health has been worsening and that had to take priority.

Well there are plenty of Jewish and Muslim citizens in the UK. And this issue is a big one on the agenda of those further to the left who like a good march. It has derailed Labour again and Starmer is going to be wary of this pushing the working class voters away again who want him concentrating on the UK.

Israel & Palestine is a much bigger issue than one country or its political parties half way the other side of the planet. Unless we plan on hitting them with sanctions or through military action, Israel aren't going to care any way. All they can do is try to talk to both parties and offer humanitarian aid. Brokering peace with religion involved is even harder...

Our MPs get to stand up and wave their arms about saying how unjust it all is knowing it's just words and no real work is needed to look good. Now contrast that with solving problems on home soil where real actions are needed. Fighting is always easier for leaders than fixing poverty, staffing hospitals, etc. They know no one is asking about all those NHS problems whilst this is going on.
    That's exactly what I've been saying all along. It's as if (rightly or wrongly) the British media, politicians and elements of the general public are suddenly more concerned about certain events overseas that have never really affected us directly here in Blighty (I reiterate I'm not trivialising the feelings and concerns of the likes of Muslims and Jewish people living in this country) than they are about the many issues within our own shores, almost all of which have seemingly been sidelined since a lot of this kicked off at the beginning of October. It does also smack of 'whataboutery' and political point-scoring between parties, their leaders and of course, their followers. Remember the far-Righters have also been sticking the knife in a fair bit regarding a lot of this.

I mean, why aren't people in this country protesting about the 'cuts' and our calamitous politicians in general which affects the vast majority of us in some form or another, almost all of which seems to have been forgotten about in the meantime.

I mentioned in another thread of mine that even the furore over RAAC in public buildings back in September has since been dropped like a hot potato, let alone the likes of Ukraine and the Covid Inquiry. Even the strikes, shortages, climate change and the COL crisis barely seem to be getting a look in by the media of late, all of which were a big thing this time last year and still earlier this year.

I know I'll probably get shot down in flames by some for stating the above and accused of being selfish and insensitive, which I'm not intentionally being.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's exactly what I've been saying all along. It's as if (rightly or wrongly) the British media, politicians and elements of the general public are suddenly more concerned about certain events overseas that have never really affected us directly here in Blighty (I reiterate I'm not trivialising the feelings and concerns of the likes of Muslims and Jewish people living in this country) than they are about the many issues within our own shores, almost all of which have seemingly been sidelined since a lot of this kicked off at the beginning of October. It does also smack of 'whataboutery' and political point-scoring between parties, their leaders and of course, their followers. Remember the far-Righters have also been sticking the knife in a fair bit regarding a lot of this.

I mean, why aren't people in this country protesting about the 'cuts' and our calamitous politicians in general which affects the vast majority of us in some form or another, almost all of which seems to have been forgotten about in the meantime.

I mentioned in another thread of mine that even the furore over RAAC in public buildings back in September has since been dropped like a hot potato, let alone the likes of Ukraine and the Covid Inquiry. Even the strikes, shortages, climate change and the COL crisis barely seem to be getting a look in by the media of late, all of which were a big thing this time last year and still earlier this year.

I know I'll probably get shot down in flames by some for stating the above and accused of being selfish and insensitive, which I'm not intentionally being.
    Oh yes, good point! The media went nuts over schools being dangerous. Yet now it never gets a mention..

That's a classic example of their tricks. Their response is more heightened than an anxiety sufferer disappearing down the rabbit hole.

I wonder if the response to these schools between those truly involved peaked at a raised eye brow or a tut?

Owing to events in certain other countries right now (including neighbouring Ireland of late), I wonder if Britain already reached peak far-Right between the Brexit Referendum in 2016 and our last GE at the end of 2019 and the subsequent onset of the Covid pandemic (especially with current opinion polls still largely in favour of the Labour party), or is this only just the beginning of another new wave of far-Rightism here in Blighty?

If the latter then the authorities urgently need to start taking it seriously and try to nip it in the bud before it's too late and not end up being caught napping and burying their heads in the sand.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information