Hi everyone -

really in a bad state of panic and just severely overwhelmed atm. I am currently between 12-13 weeks pregnant and was in hospital yesterday as the drs seemed to think I could have a clot in my lungs - I had bloods and a chest X-ray which was clear they then said I needed a CT scan with contrast which sent me into complete meltdown as I’m terrified or risk to baby but also was terrified I would react to the contrast.

I ended up having the scan as I was told in not so many words if I have a clot and leave it untreated it’s very likely I’ll die ….

the Drs also felt my legs and said they seemed fine and said I didn’t need to have them scanned. I came home early hours of the morning completely burnt out physically and emotionally defeated but glad to have the all clear. Well I’ve woken up this morning to see I’ve been booked in for a scan of my legs tomorrow and a follow up appointment with the Dr in A&E I’m a complete wreck and just don’t know how much more I can handle being in hospitals and having tests done. I don’t understand why this wasn’t done yesterday and now I’m worrying the chest scan wasn’t clear even though I read the report and can see it says it was.

my main concerns are how much harm have I caused my baby with the CT scan with contrast
if I was going to react to the contrast would it have happened by now more than 12 hours after having the scan ?
why are they calling me back for a leg scan they said that I don’t need