Thread: Bowel issues back but not going away like they used to

Bowel issues back but not going away like they used to

Had anxiety for the last month.

Originally diagnosed with(kind of, more assumed) ibs around a year and half ago after doing a stool sample and bloods. I have pain on right side low down , aswell as in
    Lower back and side and skinny stools that are hard to pass. This would come and go. Had this for around two years.

Was all fine and just accepted it. Had another stool sample in April of this year for the bowel cancer one and was fine as I told the gp I was worried but because symptoms come and go I wasn’t as worried.

For the past two months I’ve had these symptoms worse than ever, constipation feeling and like a need to go but the stools don’t look like constipation stools they are thin (bad sign)and seen some specks of blood in it. Also persistent pain on the right side and back that is preventing me from sleeping and now just super anxious about it that I’ve missed something.
    I want a colonoscopy but don’t think they will send me for one if the tests I have come back clear. They have put me down for bloods next week and I did another bowel cancer test and inflammation test a couple weeks ago that I’m waiting for results for.

Just really anxious about it, more because the pain now wakes me up at night and I genuinely just feel unwell from the anxiety about all of this. I know there isn’t anything I can do but wait for the results but I’m really panicking that I’ve not persisted enough and now I’ve missed something sinister because of it. Also really panicking about the blood I’ve never had before and the fact it doesn’t seem to be going away like it used to. I’ve never had it longer than a week and a half really but it’s been two months with a few days where I’ve felt a little ok.

This is just an anxious rant as I have no where to put it as I don’t know if I want to be told it’ll be fine by the people in my life. I am just very scared and stressed about it.

Re: Bowel issues back but not going away like they used to

Hiya. Hope you are doing ok.

I have similar issues and the anxiety exacerbates it. It’s a vicious cycle. I find mindfulness exercises help.

I’ve had CT, MRI, colonoscopy, and endoscopy. Nothing identified except some enzyme deficiencies (I.e. food intolerances). But I still have anxiety around it all!

Hi

Ive had upper right abdominal pain and lower right abdominal pain. I've had 2 CT scans, 3 xrays now, a colonoscopy, an endoscopy, 2 ultrasounds, FIT tests, cancer enzyme tests, all sorts. Nothing, no issues at all.

Floating poop, foamy wee. Nothing found!

My doctor believes it's muscular and causes referred pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanbrsc View Post
    Hi

Ive had upper right abdominal pain and lower right abdominal pain. I've had 2 CT scans, 3 xrays now, a colonoscopy, an endoscopy, 2 ultrasounds, FIT tests, cancer enzyme tests, all sorts. Nothing, no issues at all.

Floating poop, foamy wee. Nothing found!

My doctor believes it's muscular and causes referred pain.
    My (sorry I don’t know the names) bowel cancer and inflammation tests came back clearl. Still haven’t had the bloods as appointment issues. I think I’m going to request a colonoscopy too just to put my mind at rest as I am so tired of the pain.

Sometimes I think mine is caused by muscle pain and or weakness.

Thread Information