Thread: IBC worries, waiting for breast clinic appointment

IBC worries, waiting for breast clinic appointment

Hello. I am a long term HA sufferer and have done a lot of work to try and help with this but sometimes it still gets the better of me!
    Am now living in absolute terror thinking I have Inflamatory Breast cancer.
    About a month ago I noticed a small bump under the skin on my breast, I squeezed it and some puss came out. After this the area became red and a bit sore and has remained the same size (pencil end) but no longer sore for around 2-3 weeks.
    I was trying to ignore it but the made the mistake of google ing and came up with IBC 😭
    Saw my GP yesterday for reassurance but he said he didn’t know what the mark was and referred me to the breast clinic!
    Now I’m in a waiting hell and my brain in flitting between thinking it’s going to be ok and then that I’m going to die and leave my children.
    Can’t think straight.
    Has anyone experienced similar? I’m 45 with no significant BC history in the family.
    Thank you x x

Re: IBC worries, waiting for breast clinic appointment

As far as I know, IBC spreads very rapidly…you can see the changes within hours! Often with IBC you’d expect to see a swollen, hard, hot breast with increasing redness. What you are describing sounds more like a dermatology issue. I’m quite surprised they referred you to the breast clinic but I’m sure they’ll reassure you. You probably just need some antibiotic. Do you have a date for the breast clinic yet? I have an appointment next Tuesday!

Re: IBC worries, waiting for breast clinic appointment

[QUOTE=Limeslime;2085532] Thank you for your reply, I’m thinking more rationally now and agree with you. Appreciate the reassurance. I’m still waiting for an appointment at the clinic.
    Hope your appointment goes well next week, I think waiting is the hardest part - so difficult not to let thoughts run wild!

Thread Information