Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back home now. The stress is gone ... sort of.

Re: Back home now. The stress is gone ... sort of.

Brilliant idea wired

I've been saving up the loo rolls, lol.
    You cut one loo roll into 6 pieces and attach all the ends with a dab of glue to form a star. Then you you make inners for the star with two more pieces by folding them in half. The outer ones are also 2 pieces.
    If you put in search on the net 'Christmas decorations from toilet rolls, you'll get videos.
    It's about 6 x 6 inches in total.

Good to see you back posting again James. The alcohol I can certainly relate to. In my younger days I started drinking to curb shyness. The shyness of course wasn't cured, only masked. And it developed into borderline addiction. Even now I sometimes think its something I can fall back on if things get really tough.

But we have to resist. And you're doing just great, keep it up buddy and hang in there.

Yeah the drinking is a bit of a problem. I'm not in the full blown stage. Last night my brother stayed over to play some games. I had 3 cans with him and then couldn't be bothered to drink anymore. I think I'll be ok because I'm aware. I don't plan on drinking today and I've nowhere I need to go.

I pulled my shoulder last night. I can't move my arm. Was playing fortnite on PC with mouse and keyboard, but I had keyboard on my lap and my mouse on the arm of the sofa. Awkward angle to be playing games. I twisted to get up and felt a nasty stabbing throbbing pain in my shoulder. it's been 8/10 pain since.

Always a problem going on with me So today, no option but to rest and relax. I'll be asleep in an hour when my meds kick in.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

To cut down on food spending, I've purchased 5kg of basa fish, and a box of noodles. That will serve me well for meals over the next month. I'll season it, batter it, make it into a curry. I've got loads

https://i.imgur.com/ZLpws0J.png

I think that cost me 48 pound including delivery. I'll probably get some kippers, and weetabix for breakfast (not together obv). Nuts and dried fruit to snack on. Not sure about lunch. That's always a tricky one. Maybe I'll get some chicken drumsticks. Can get lots of them for pretty cheap. Open to ideas folks.

I've got a budget of about 100 for the month for me. And needs to be healthy...ish.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Basa fish is lovely.

Pasta goes along way. You can get big bags of chicken pieces that should last you a while.
    A box of eggs maybe.
    I also buy veggies that have a long life and are super good for you.
    Leeks, onions, celery, broccoli......
    Soups are dear but you could make your own from the veggies.
    A bag of frozen peas goes along way too. Good with fish and pasta and rice.

Making your own soup is a good idea, a big pan can last for days. Lentils are freak for chucking in soup, it thickens it and is good for you.

I'm a big fan of homemade soups. You can keep adding. You can keep in the fridge for days. You can freeze soup. You can add to a casserole as a base.

Oooh soup is a good idea! I've never made soup before. I made battered basa with potatoes and mushy peas. It was lovely.

I've been quite low the past few days, and still drinking. I've got a problem, and it's hard to stop. It's gripped me. Yesterday I had 3 beers in the fridge so around 4pm I drank one, by 7pm I'd drank them all and went to get a quater of vodka. Every day I tell myself "Today I'm not going to drink", but by 4-6pm I've convinced myself it's ok. Getting through the night is difficult.

Can't believe I'm back in this situation again. I quit for over 3 years. I'm officially an alcoholic.

Today I actually plan not to drink.

I've got my nephew living here now. My brother moved away for work but my nephew has college close to here an didn't want to move colleges. I've got a spare room, and his Dad is paying for his food so I don't mind.

Just don't want to drink anymore. Makes me angry that I'm back in this situation. My family members died from drugs, so I've never done them. Family members also died of alcohol ... yet here I am.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 12-11-23 at 09:10.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Good to see you back posting again James. The alcohol I can certainly relate to. In my younger days I started drinking to curb shyness. The shyness of course wasn't cured, only masked. And it developed into borderline addiction. Even now I sometimes think its something I can fall back on if things get really tough.

But we have to resist. And you're doing just great, keep it up buddy and hang in there.
    Also previously lifelong non-smokers have sometimes been known to take up smoking willy-nilly during times of stress, which I have always considered a big mistake; not only because of the health implications but also the cost implications, especially nowadays as a typical packet of cigs costs a bomb!

And of course there's probably the 'social' aspects of why certain people have been known to suddenly take up the habit (e.g, to fit in with their friends, fellow work colleagues, other punters in pubs, clubs, etc), though that's obviously become much less of an issue since 2006-07.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Also previously lifelong non-smokers have sometimes been known to take up smoking willy-nilly during times of stress, which I have always considered a big mistake; not only because of the health implications but also the cost implications, especially nowadays as a typical packet of cigs costs a bomb!

And of course there's probably the 'social' aspects of why certain people have been known to suddenly take up the habit (e.g, to fit in with their fellow work colleagues, other punters in pubs, clubs, etc), though that's obviously become much less of an issue since 2006-07.
    This is true for me Lenco. Smoked on and off for years and stuck with the habit atm. You're right, times of stress an ex smoker will often reach for a smoke.

☪️️

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information