Thread: chest pain lasting for hours !

chest pain lasting for hours !

okay so i’ve experienced this for years now but it would last a few seconds or maybe minutes max and then go away, but now it’s been hours and i’m not sure what to do? i’ve struggled with anxiety for years and yesterday i had quite a stressful situation, but then calmed down went to work, back home everything was fine, i fell asleep it was only hours later when i woke up and i felt it on the left side, it’s like a sharp stabbing pain, not constant. it’s hurts when i take deep breaths or when u move my left side too much or sit up too straight. lying on my right side there’s basically no pain at all. i don’t know if this is anxiety related because it’s lasted for hours and i’m not even anxious anymore? read about pericarditis too. there’s no pain anywhere else but i’m basically asking for advice, should i wait for it to go away ? could it be anxiety related?

Re: chest pain lasting for hours !

Honestly, if you're not sure of what it is I'd call NHS 111 on this one, just to be on the safe side.

Re: chest pain lasting for hours !

What you're describing and the history of the symptoms, being that you feel it upon doing physical things, would lean toward something concerning your musculoskeletal makeup. If in doubt and are that uncomfortable, reach out to your doctor. And no, I don't believe real physical pain caused by real physical issues are anxiety related but, anxiety can and does amplify physical symptoms and hyper awareness of them (stress headache = brain tumor etc.). Add to that Dr. Google and a catastrophic, worst case outlook that HA causes and here you are.
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 08-11-23 at 23:24.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information