Thread: Worried about possible heart problem. Paranoid I will have to go to hospital.

Worried about possible heart problem. Paranoid I will have to go to hospital.

This particular situation started on Wednesday. I just started noticing that my back and neck had a certain tightness and ache to it. It feels like something like a muscle strain or pinched nerve. When I turn my head side ways or tilt my head forward or backward with my neck, I feel the part where my back/neck met really tighten up and hurt. I have also felt the same kind of feeling in my shoulder or chest too. But it feels like a muscle strain each time. When I lay down and get up, my back and chest hurts simultaneously. I can feel like the chest muscle hurting when getting up. It doesn't seem to bother me when sitting up for a while.

This has been going on since Wednesday. It seems to be worse in the morning when getting up. Feels really achy and stiff getting up. I am NOT having any trouble breathing or anything. Heck, I have been going to work and working a job that is considered fast paced. I don't recall having any issues. There were aches at times but I suppose whatever I am dealing with, it's to be expected.

I just worry still that it's a heart issue because I am overweight so the risk factor is there.

And sometimes the matter of where the pain/ache is changes. When I move my neck back at times, my chest muscle really starts to hurt the more I pull my head back. I am stressed out about this. idk what all this is that is happening to me.

The fact that the chest muscle hurts more when moving my neck and such, I want to think that indicates some other issue but idk.

I mostly worry about it being Pulmonary Embolism or heart issue.
    Last edited by Seaster; 12-11-23 at 02:18.

Re: Worried about possible heart problem. Paranoid I will have to go to hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaster View Post
    But it feels like a muscle strain each time.
    Sounds like it, too.

Heart pain would not change with movement or neck position. This is muscle strain which can be made worse with worry/anxiety.

Thread Information