Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There cutting down lots of trees in my area. I feel sad.

Re: There cutting down lots of trees in my area. I feel sad.

We were chatting yesterday to a chap who owns the trees over the road. There’s only 3. Two of them are covered in ivy. They are due for the chop. They are always full of birds. No one thinks of the future. It’s only the here and now.

Regarding dog poo James. I was always of that mind as well. Obviously on pavements or where the public are. I always used to pick up. Actually I picked up everywhere but I often thought, I’m picking up this poo in a wood, putting it in a bag ( ok it’s supposed to be biodegradable but it will still take decades) taking it home and binning it. Why? Surely in a wood or likewise it’s better off track, buried where the bugs can get rid of it so much more efficiently and quickly.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    ... No one thinks of the future. It’s only the here and now. ...
    Trees mostly take a long time to grow. If they don’t reach maturity and die naturally, they may become diseased or damaged and have to be felled. But... in recent years folks seem to have come to regard trees as a nuisance (all those messy dead leaves in autumn and a perch for roosting birds to s**t on their cars, etcetera). Or they’re seen as a shading blot in an otherwise nature-denuded landscape. Or, for some folks, they’re even something to be feared. (Maybe insurance companies are helping to feed this fear.... Are there any trees within visible distance of your property? If so, they might, just might, blow over or force their probing roots into your foundations and do some damage... and you won't be indemnified....) Whatever the reason, trees are now a target for wholesale mechanised destruction.... It might have taken a tree fifty... a hundred... several hundred years to grow, but it takes only a very short while for a vandal armed with a chainsaw to murder it and, more often than not, feed its mortal remains into the ever-hungry shrieking shredder....

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

Also, I use the large leaves that fall from the trees as like toilet paper. Put it over the dog mess, pop the bag over, easy to clean and you don't have to look at it ... but now I can't do that. I'll need to buy more kitchen roll and use that instead, which costs more trees
    Thank God you clarified who for!

Remember unless you're a

...or elected to

...you can't do it in the woods!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Thank God you clarified who for!

Remember unless you're a

...or elected to

...you can't do it in the woods!!!
    TERRY!!!! Welcome back!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    TERRY!!!! Welcome back!!
    Cheers MrFish, it's much appreciated. I hope all is going well for you mate. You've got a lot on your plate...being an Everton fan

No problem Terry, you were missed. Things could be better right now but thank you for asking. Yes supporting Everton is an unenviable job. But you'd know all about that following Stoke City?

I learned today that they were cut down because they were pushing out the tall wall that was holding them up. The wall could eventually colipase and that'd be a very big problem. The trees could then fall onto the adjacent houses. I understand why, but it still hurts a bit.

Hey Terry! I didn't know you was away, I was away mostly too. Hope you're ok chap.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    No problem Terry, you were missed. Things could be better right now but thank you for asking. Yes supporting Everton is an unenviable job. But you'd know all about that following Stoke City?
    One saving grace for Stokies is we remember plenty of previous seasons even worse! The Icelanders changed it for us...but they never gave us that cool viking like chant lime recent tournaments. Probably best I suppose since back in them days the fight outside the ground after was a highlight of the match

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I learned today that they were cut down because they were pushing out the tall wall that was holding them up. The wall could eventually colipase and that'd be a very big problem. The trees could then fall onto the adjacent houses. I understand why, but it still hurts a bit.

Hey Terry! I didn't know you was away, I was away mostly too. Hope you're ok chap.
    I'm ok James. Yeah been away for over 6 months. Took a quick break and it spiralled due to issues at home.

Good to see you are doing well and have your pooch to look after you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information