Thread: Scared of mice

Scared of mice

We have mice this autumn, problem is I am scared shitless of them to begin with and I keep screaming in the night when I can hear them scratching.

I'm not so much scared of any diseases as I am of the germs and them destroying my possessions, I keep a lot of my art in my room and I'm scared they'll wee/poo/scratch on them and leave them unusuable due to the damage and germs.

People in my household are getting sick of my extreme phobia of mice even though I really do hate them. I just can't understand how they can just accept mice- I get that domestic mice are cute but wild mice are swimming with diseases.

I laid down poison twice, once on Saturday and once today. I also bought ultrasonic repellents and keep my door open so they can escape. But they keep on scratching in the night and getting closer to my things.

I just want them to go away before they cause any damage to my possessions.

Currently freaking out over mice!

Re: Scared of mice

My wife has that kind of fear with spiders. I recall one time she was in the kitchen and she screamed for me as if she was being murdered. I ran into the kitchen and she was standing there with her arm out, stamping her feet, screaming and nearly crying. I didn't see anything and asked her what was going on. She showed her arm and from her sleeve a ultra fine web was coming off her sleeve and a spider the size of a grain of rice was hanging from it. I put my hand under it, scooped it up and let it outside Other than that, we've had a couple of cats the last 12 years and they're awesome hunters. I can't tell you how many dead insects I've found. Any insects don't last long in a household with a cat. Our late boy would jump up and catch a fly in midair! Can't hurt to think about and having a pet is great therapy all around Same with rodents. We don't have that issue but I'm confident our boy would get 'em if we did.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP has a good idea there. Do you like cats? We had mice is our garage once. Our then cat was a typical farm animal. She unearthed the nest and set then running. She was in and out like lightening, bringing out the ones she’d dispatched.
    We live in the country so mice are constant companions. They don’t bother me much but a cat is a good idea. Also like FMP says, they are very good therapy.

Ghost…Spillways

Why don't you just get an exterminator? I mean that would freak the hell out of me too!
    Mice are extremely unsanitary.
    I had one once in a house I was living in, in the country. I heard it in the walls for about 6 months, before I finally saw it in my living room. Didn't come out of my bedroom all day. My landlord came over the next day to install some mouse traps. Again I stayed in my bedroom all day and heard it snap late at night. And the next day my landlord threw the mouse trap with the dead mouse away. I took like 2 years for me to not look for mice every day in my house after that!
    I own my own house now and if I noticed a mouse, I would immediately call an exterminator!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    I would immediately call an exterminator!
    That works too. Especially if they're in the walls and such but still, a cat would work too and you can't hug and cuddle a mouse trap or poison

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information