Thread: Ticklish cough at inopportune moments

Ticklish cough at inopportune moments

Ok a bit of a weird one but this seems to occur in the winter - and always when I’m someone where it should be quiet, such as funerals, office meetings etc. I’ll feel a tickle on one side of my throat and I have to cough, when I do it sets off a fit and my eyes are watering, it’s so embarrassing as people will be asking am I ok and I can’t reply, usually I have to leave the room coughing as I go, have a big cough and have a drink and wait for it to pass once it’s done it doesn’t come back, this only happens like I say a few times a year usually in winter and if the place I’m in is hot/warm.

It sets anxiety off in me as I hate being stared at, it making a scene, does anyone else get this and know what may help to stop it?
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be?”

Re: Ticklish cough at inopportune moments

Obviously this is more about the situation and the attention it brings to you as opposed to any illness related thing so I would suggest a keeping a small water bottle/drink, a hard candy or a lozenge of some sort with you when in those situations to help quell the tickle before it happens.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information