Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dental Advice Please

Re: Dental Advice Please

You're welcome

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on

Lisa x

Good luck, Andy, but have never had a wisdom tooth. I hate dentists and am avoiding them at present.

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Andrea
    If you have an emergency dentist near you they will usually see you on the day , we have two here who see paitents that are not registered with a local dentist.
    Take careAnnex

Thanks Lisa, Ray and Anne

Gosh i didnt realise getting a dentist was hard!

Well i was brave this morning and i phoned a couple of local dentists who said they where not taking NHS patients but i could go private with them, but on the down side one couldnt fit me in till the end January and the other the end of february. They both advised me to ring the NHS direct line which i did, gave them all my details etc they called me back to say because i am not in any pain it wasnt classed as urgent and the only real option for me with them was to travel to a hospital in Leeds where they have a dental clinic. Me been the wussy that i am explained i dont like hospitals, so they did some enquiries and rang me back late afternoon with a telephone number of a dental advisory service which im going to ring first thing Monday morning.

So watch this space.....

Thanks once again for all your replies

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi

Finally got a appointment for 3pm tommo afternoon, and now im terrified as i know at least one tooth will have to be taken out!

I explained to the dental nurse about the awful taste in my mouth which as been worse this weekend and as drove me mad , she said its probably a infection thats causing it.

Please send me some positive vibes i sure do need them ive been in tears this morning im just so scared.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Honeybee, well done for getting that appointment. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good vibes. Will you have time for some deep relaxation before you go? Take care.Sagey.

Hi Andrea
    Hugs and love for this one. I am a dentist phobic too. I found hypnosis got me in the door. Though everytime I go I stand in the door looking at the dentist sobbing saying " I don't like you"

Be totally honest with them about your fears. They know we don't like them and a good dentist will deal with it nicely.

I had a tooth removed on Friday and a filling in another. It was okish. It didn't hurt. It was a little uncomfy at the time. And one good painkiller later I was fine. I will be thinking of you but the actual fear of going is worse than what happens.

But do tell them you hate them!

And don't feel awful if you haven't been a regular dentist visitor xxxxxx

If you want to know what they did read on. If not stop now but it's not gory!!

To remove a tooth they prod it at the base to losen it between the gum and then push it out so it's not the big drama of pliers and brutal force.

hi!

im a huge dental phobe too these days! havent been in 10 years!!!! ouch!!!

will have to go soon i know....dirty teeth and mild ache now in back jaw..

what i can offer tho is that 10 years ago,i did go to the dentist as i was in little pain from wisdom teeth to!!!!

they put me to sleep for like 10 mins only! didnt even feel the needle (another phobia...hehe..) and woke up minutes later with all 4 popped out!!!
    it was really really easy! you will be fine!!!! go to sleep if you can, otherwise id prob take a sedative before getting there....

first apoint they wont do anything but look, so that should help you feel a little easier about the process......bet ya i will be posting for support on here in a couple of months when i have to go through similar situation...hehe...

good luck!!!

Thankyou Sagey and Sam

Im gonna to try and keep busy tommo to take my mind off things, the realxation sounds a good idea too sagey will give that a go.

To remove a tooth they prod it at the base to losen it between the gum and then push it out so it's not the big drama of pliers and brutal force.
    aww thanks for that too Sam, that does make me feel better, i had visions of the dentist using brute force like tug o war !

Thankyou

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Hi There
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow to you my teeth have settled down awful taste gone now was having earache too but went to a back to work meeting today to go back to work after xmas bought some nurofen got home pain etc all gone!!!! typical could it be stress related?
    Im sure you will be fine tomorrow make sure you have some rescue remedy or diazipan it does help.
    Take care and let us know how you get on.
    Anne xx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information