Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dental Advice Please

Re: Dental Advice Please

Andy mate

Sending you loads of hugs for tomorrow and wishing you all the best - I know you are really scared. Will be thinking of you mate

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thankyou Anne and Nic

Glad things have improved for you Anne , just want it over now, im a right wussy aint i?lol

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Bestest biggest hug lovie - you can do this!!!

Love Piglet

Good luck tomorrow and I look forward to reading here how well you coped as I bet you will

Lisa x

Thankyou Piglet and Lisa

Well im in a right old state this morning, i really dont know how i am going to cope this afternoon, i have this awful taste of salt in my mouth which feels like its burning the end of my tongue, ive scrubbed my tongue and used mouth wash but the taste wont go away, and silly me as googled(i couldnt help it) which says a dental abcess can work its way to the brain and sinusses( my sinusess are bloked too)which can cause a taste of salt in the mouth !

I really could do without all this stress, why is life so complicated at times , i just want to go back to bed and forget about it all. I know its only a dentist but i am so scared.

Andrea
    xxxxx

Andrea

Luv Kaz x x x

Right my little friend you have to say STOP in your head and say I am not going to feed myself scary thoughts, cos scary thoughts lead to scary feelings!!!!!

When you get to the dentist tell them you've got yourself abit wound up about it and that way it will release some of the tension inside you, cos they will then be able to reassure you.

I did this when I had to have a gastroscopy a few years ago - well infact with my pulse at 155 and fear off the richter scale I actually burst into tears. That was just the right thing to do for me cos they totally reassured me and I ended up having the procedure without sedation.

Now let's get rid of the silly old tooth and ask them to bring it home with you and I will make you a necklace out of it - ok!!!

I've been collecting the piglets teeth for nigh on 20 years now and intend to present each child with a choker of all their own baby teeth on their 21st birthday's - won't they be thrilled.

What a thoughtful mother I am!!!

Love Piglet

Hi honeybee,

I just wanted to say I hope it goes well at the Dentist. Do tell them how anxious you are because they are always very kind to nervous patients.

Good luck.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    I've been collecting the piglets teeth for nigh on 20 years now and intend to present each child with a choker of all their own baby teeth on their 21st birthday's - won't they be thrilled.
    Trouble is I am not sure whether to believe that or not! ROLF!

Andrea - Good luck this afternoon, you will be fine but I KNOW how scared you feel

Lisa x

Well .......im back....lol With all my teeth still in !

Got there all stressed out, dizzy you know the feeling, Sat in waiting room wi hubby, got called in by dentist, he seemed very nice and i explained how nervous i was, and to my relief he said dont worry im not going to do anything today im just going have a look around my mouth. !!!!!! I like this dentist.
    I explained about the awful salty taste in my mouth and my sinisuss been blocked which he asked i have seen the GP about it which i replied no.
    Told him about my 1 bad tooth which was going black ! only to be told the black was a route filling! Andrea feels so embarresed about that, i can never remember having a route filling! my husband finds that very funny .
    He then looked at my wisdom tooth and said "he was afraid that it needed to go in the bucket" (my first thought was no way Piglets making me a necklace!which made me chuckle)
    Anyway, to cut a long story short, he said that my teeth where not in bad condition to say i havent been to see a dentist for over 12 years and that i smoke, he as suggested that i visit my GP about my sinusses and salty taste in my mouth and get some medication to relax me for my next appointment to have the wisdom tooth removed he will do a scale and polish too as my gums are a little swollen. ,
    I made the appointment for Janruary, my hubby was wishing he had taken it out today as he knows how worried i get.

So i have to go through it all again, but at least i know now that i can sit in the dreaded chair and have my mouth poked around without freaking out!

Thankyou all for your support and pms, your all so kind.
    And sorry for been such a wussy!

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxxxx
    Last edited by honeybee3939; 04-12-07 at 19:47.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information