Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dental Advice Please

Re: Dental Advice Please

Thanks Sam and Star

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Andy have you had any more treatment yet hun.

Love Piglet

Hi Piglet

No im afraid i chickened out of having the tooth out, but luckily i havent had any more pain. I did visit my GP to see if he could give me something to calm me down on my next visit to the dentist, he gave me some Diazipam and its still in the cupboard ready for my next visit !lol
    I know the wisdom tooth will need pulling out sooner rather than later as i only have half of it left !, If i eat anything like ice cream it really sets it off so i avoid really cold things.

Hows things been today with your tooth Piglet?

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Still not right lovie and I think I will have to have it out and I can't say I relish the prospect - I know it's a wisdom tooth and we don't need them but I just don't fancy it at all cos I haven't had a tooth out since being little and I'm scared!

Love Piglet

Aww Poor you Piglet

Blinking teeth, its a shame we dont live nearer each other then we could go togeather for support. Its another one of those silly things we get in our head and dread the thought of. I have been to the dentist many many times in the past with no problems, and to be honest i know myself when i have had treatment and teeth out before i have always come out of the dentist thinking boy it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be and i have never ever had a bad experiance where i have been hurt! Its not actually the dentist i think thats my problem its the feeling of been in a sittuation where i cant escape once im in the chair, im the same when i have my hair cut, i still find it hard to be sat while someone is cutting my hair. Luckily my niece comes to the house and cuts it for me she is used to me now standing up and sitting down all the time...lol

Thats a thought i wonder if she is any good at taking teeth out !!

I remember Trac been in the same sittuation last year with her tooth, she was brave and didnt seem to have any problems once at the dentist although like us she was scared too.

Im not much help am i Piglet?

have a hug anyway hun

Andrea
    xxxxxxxx

Aww yes you are darlin - I'm just so fed up of this tooth saga dragging on. It calms down for a few days then flares up again and I really thought this root filling thing would be the way to go but all I think I've done is prolong the whole thing.

I'm not too bad with having a filling and even though I've been 3 times in the last month the actual treatment itself hasn't hurt at all - its more the continuing ache I'm having meantime without getting it finally sorted - think it's wearing me down abit now. Yet I'm so scared of having an extraction.

Love Piglet

Hello piglet ,

I had to have a tooth out not long ago because it'd gone rotten. I was in so much pain with it that it was a relief to have it out.

Having a tooth out is quicker and much more painless than having a filling done. I have another tooth in an awkward position and I'd love to get rid of it so I'm hoping he'll remove for me sometime.

The gum heals very quickly too.

Whatever needs doing, I just lay back, close my eyes and think of a nice place like laying on a beach under the sun feeling the warm breeze and listening to the waves. Makes me nearly fall asleep in the chair and the dentist told me people do with him!

I just wanted to try and reassure you.

Thanks Bill that does help hun - I'm not sure why I'm being such a baby about it really but extra reassurance is always a help so thank you.

Love Piglet

Hi,
    just thought I would let you know that I had the same sort of problem a couple of years back.

I had a bad tooth that over about 4 years got smaller and smaller until it was hardly there. Right up to the gum. It didn't taste too good either every time a bit crumbled in my food!!!!

I also on the other side ended up with an abcess cause I was too scared to open my mouth at the Dentist. (I had been going to desensitize myself but couldn't even get in the chair.)

I got put to sleep for the extractions and got all my fillings done that I needed too. I had no treatrment for 15 years as I had a v bad experience as a child.

I was so glad that I got it all done and within a week my mouth had healed. I ended up with 5 teeth out!!!!!!

I am still scared but know that my teeth are fine now. I don't keep eating extra strong mints!!!!!!

You just have to believe that you can do it and trust your Dentist.

Good Luck Hazel x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information