Thread: Guilty from past

Guilty from past

Hi about 28 yrs ago i was around 19 was in a pub late at night having a laugh with these lasses drinking i can sort of remember me and this 1 daring each other to go in men’s toilets (cubicle) for what i remember we did some sort of sex. The worry that’s dreaded me from a trigger is was she 16 i did ask sure if it, but the guilt is eating me up thinking i,m this peodo. People were joking with me because i thought she might be pregnant she wasn’t. But they were joking with me saying her mum will phone police etc. she didn’t. So as times are now with the news and social media these incidents are like in the news. So i fear it will get out my dirty little secret, even though nothing has been said.

Re: Guilty from past

I wouldn't worry too much about this Homer47. You say this was 28 years ago, she was 16 and you were 19. So she was at the age of consent and you both went willingly, as long as she wasn't coerced then you're fine. And I'm assuming you weren't coerced either.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about this Homer47. You say this was 28 years ago, she was 16 and you were 19. So she was at the age of consent and you both went willingly, as long as she wasn't coerced then you're fine. And I'm assuming you weren't coerced either.
    I agree that it's probably doubtful the female involved who was 16 at the time (only just into the legal 'age of consent') would be pursuing legal action right now over youthful shenanigans back in 1995 and the OP only just 3 years older, and hardly a case for 'Operation Yewtree'.

Surely such allegations from the female involved would have more likely had happened some 10 years ago at the height of all the 'Yewtree' bandwagon-jumping, even though much of it was actually justified at the time, in spite of a lot of the hysterical media frenzy that came with it.

I'm sure most of us have done daft things between the ages of 16 and 19, especially when starting to venture into pubs and clubs for the first time without parental/fully grown adult accompaniment, but kind of regretted it as we got older and (usually) wiser.

I also think pubs, clubs and the like generally had more lenient and laid-back attitudes towards certain behaviours and antics from punters back then in the mid 90s (especially underage drinking, and the ubiquitous Pubwatch schemes didn't really start to take off until at least the end of the decade) unless something mega serious happened, of course.

Unlike in these more enlightened and risk-averse times.

Hi thanks for reply’s. Thing is think she was 15 going on towards 16. Sure she said after or at some point it was the week after. It’s the label of it because she might be under the age and i,m older. I no there would have loads of lasses drinking and in there last ye of school and going with older lads. It was commen but not frowned upon if you get what i mean.

Just because i,m worried about it now even nothing has been mentioned, i worry now that it will because of the anxiety it makes it feel real.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer47 View Post
    Hi thanks for reply’s. Thing is think she was 15 going on towards 16. Sure she said after or at some point it was the week after. It’s the label of it because she might be under the age and i,m older. I no there would have loads of lasses drinking and in there last ye of school and going with older lads. It was commen but not frowned upon if you get what i mean.
    I'm sure the authorities have got far more important things to be dealing with right now than be dealing with some relatively inconsequential event that happened way back in the mid 90s, even if the female involved insisted in pursuing the matter almost 30 years later, of which I'm still sure she probably would already have done ages ago, if she was so inclined.

Also still remember that the mid 90s were very different times to now and many pubs and likewise venues back then seemed to have more laissez-faire attitudes towards underage drinking, ASB etc, than in the decades that followed.

Unlike today where the managers of such places would probably be terrified of getting shut down by the local councils/police, getting sued, etc, if underage drinking and ASB were allowed to persist within or around said premises, even though what you and that young lady did back then probably wasn't considered ASB as much; more like typical youthful shenanigans that the vast majority grow out of.

My ocd has latched onto this bigstyle making me feel dirty and bad and feeling guilty. I no i was a lot younger then thinking differently. Under the influence of drink and having a laugh. As so was she nothing has been mentioned as it’s not been a worry only for reading articles in the paper of extreme cases. That are rightly so. I need to take a day at a time.

All good now?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTaylor View Post
    All good now?
    Well there's been no further posts from the OP on this thread concerning this matter for a couple of weeks now, so I would personally presume it's a case of 'no news is good news'.

Thread Information