Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last day of law school!!!

Last day of law school!!!

Four and a half years ago (July 2019) I posted on here that I'd gotten into law school as a 36 year old mom. What a time it's been! I started before Covid, ended up on Zoom for over a year, had to home school my daughter through pandemic first grade, took a semester off to have a hysterectomy for my damn fibroids... but I've actually made it and I'm set to graduate 2nd in my class! I'm outrageously proud of myself and can't believe I've finally come to the end.

Of course, it's not completely the end. I have two finals and then I have to spend 10 weeks studying for the bar exam, but tonight is the last law school class I'll ever attend.

Aside from the whole pandemic and uterus removal, it's been extraordinary! I've made so many friends, I've been published several times on issues I feel very strongly about, and I'm set up on a great career path.

At age 40, it's amazing to be embarking on something so exciting. So, to everyone out there - You can do it! I've suffered with anxiety for many years, it reared its ugly head several times over the course of my studies, but having this meaningful goal in mind, I was always able to overcome the setbacks to stay on track.

Thanks for all the support you've all given through my anxiety flares over the years!

Re: Last day of law school!!!

That's AWESOME! Congrats! Truly inspirational and proof one can beat back the dragon and achieve great things!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Congrats! Second in your class is extremely impressive!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thanks, guys! After posting this I saw the second post I'd made about starting my first day and being nervous that my anxiety and health stuff was going to derail my time in law school. It's really amazing to be on the other side and see how much I can actually do. Also, imagine August 2019, when my biggest worry was fibroids, haaa. Oh, to be our 2019 selves again!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes
    I Had a lovely day
    lots of love to you all
    celticlass xxx

Honestly, well done. It's so good to hear how you've succeeded. I'm in my second year of an apprenticeship degree at 56 and it's been tough, made tougher with anxiety lurking in the background. You've given me a shot of inspiration to keep slogging away at it, thank you.

Congratulations!!! I couldn't imagine doing any sort of degree with kids and my menopause brain haha! It was hard enough as a carefree young adult. You have done amazing! I bet in a lot of ways it has helped your anxiety, keeping your brain distracted with all that study . All the best going forward with your new career. Your should be super proud of yourself.

Thanks, guys!

Catkins - Well gone pursuing a new degree. It's definitely hard, but I do think age, experience, and maturity is a real asset! Keep going!

alpaca - It's 100% true that it helped my anxiety! One of the professors I'm close with said that they should put me on the school poster: "I had anxiety, so I went to Law School!"

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Thanks, guys!

Catkins - Well gone pursuing a new degree. It's definitely hard, but I do think age, experience, and maturity is a real asset! Keep going!

alpaca - It's 100% true that it helped my anxiety! One of the professors I'm close with said that they should put me on the school poster: "I had anxiety, so I went to Law School!"
    haha that's awesome

Well done, Erin

Remember all those doubts you had about stress, life absence and your physical health? What you've achieved is a really big thing over a long period. Having that level of commitment in the face of such a merciless (and sneaky) enemy like anxiety is quite incredible and I'm so pleased for you.

Anyway, when are you putting Trump behind bars?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information