Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Songs/Music that says it better than you can

Songs/Music that says it better than you can

Last night I was chilling and listening to music. I have SO many songs saved on Youtube and I listen to them often. I came across this one and it still brings a tear to my eyes. I first heard this song when my wife was ill with a very rare form of encephalitis. I nearly lost her. The lyrics in this song describe what I felt during her illness and spending the evenings with her in the hospital until she was given her meds and she went to sleep then driving 90 miles home to try and get some sleep before getting up and doing it over and over and over.

Tim Chaisson - The Healing

What song or music describe an experience or feeling better than you can describe in words?

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 04-12-23 at 22:45.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Songs/Music that says it better than you can

How lovely.

Another one from that time and says more than I can describe in words. First heard on the TV show scrubs. I became big fans of The Weepies - World Spins Madly On
    It's amazing how music can help heal the soul.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

And yet another one.... Sorry... Just listening to music. My wife is doing some OT at the school she works as a substitute teacher. Yes, the same woman who was in adult diapers and had to learn to walk and talk again. Miraculous TBH.

David Hodges & Rita Wilson (writers) - Til You're Home - From the movie 'A Man Called Otto' with Tom Hanks (highly recommended). Hearing this song brought back those memories vividly and helped me appreciate what I have regardless of what that horrible illness took from my wife and I.

Check out David Hodges solo version.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 04-12-23 at 23:30.

I remember you going through all of that with your wife FMP. It truly is a miracle.

This is a favourite of mine. Although it's been covered by many artists and originally written by Charlie Chaplin, I've plumped for Nat King Cole.
    I listen to this if I feel sad.

https://youtu.be/xyHoohNyYkw?feature=shared

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I remember you going through all of that with your wife FMP. It truly is a miracle.

This is a favourite of mine. Although it's been covered by many artists and originally written by Charlie Chaplin, I've plumped for Nat King Cole.
    I listen to this if I feel sad.

https://youtu.be/xyHoohNyYkw?feature=shared
    Absolute classic!

FMP

I'm a John Denver fan, these two are probably my favorites: Looking for Space (as evidenced by my signature, haha) and Come and Let Me Look in Your Eyes.

When I was in high school and had really bad health anxiety, Move Along by All American Rejects was popular and I remember thinking of it as a bit of an anthem to just keep going even when I felt like I was at the end (maybe a bit dramatic).

I know I'll think of more.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Came across this one. Another song from the TV show Scrubs and one I perform in my show. Having a daughter with severe mental illness, this song hits home. When I perform this song, I dedicate to parents in the audience who have a daughter in their lives. I've had little girls who were with their parents come up to the stage to listen and I got to sing these words to them right in front of me Just sharing a bit of who I am as a person and being a musician, this is the best way to describe me. I'm curious as to what music or songs strike the heart of others here. When words fail, music speaks and offers insight into the heart and mind of the listener.

I haven't performed since January of 2020 when the pandemic hit. Things are beginning to open up and gigs are available. My guitar has been in the case for most of the last 4 years. My plan is to get 'Marti' out of her case, get practicing and get my butt back out there. Life has become monotonous with work and all and I need an outlet. That and I need to record some of my stuff and put it out there on FB and Youtube. Anyway, you can sense a theme in what I've posted and this is the type of show I do except solo. In my show, I do a 'mini-set' of songs from the TV show Scrubs and this is one of them. Season 5 - Episode 2

Sooner or Later - Michael Tolcher

FMP

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I'm a John Denver fan, these two are probably my favorites: Looking for Space (as evidenced by my signature, haha) and Come and Let Me Look in Your Eyes.

When I was in high school and had really bad health anxiety, Move Along by All American Rejects was popular and I remember thinking of it as a bit of an anthem to just keep going even when I felt like I was at the end (maybe a bit dramatic).

I know I'll think of more.
    Big John Denver fan. Thank you for sharing. Quite insightful. I understand.

FMP

I'm throwing in another classic...
    This one is so powerful. It's uplifting, emotional and for me gives a certain amount strength to the soul.
    It was also in the top ten chart position of all time.
    Enough said.

https://youtu.be/nvF5imxSaLI?feature=shared

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information